Holidays 2024

McFaul

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

Went there on a bloody brilliant stag do there a few years back. Went to watch St Pauli. The rest of it is very hazy. 

Heck of a hazy night if it started in Frankfurt and ended at the Hamburg fish market :lol:

• Haha 4

lordy me, it's all gone a little bit awry for @Dr Gloom in here.

reminds me a little bit of post our game against bayer leverkusen in cologne afterwards where the only bars left open by about 1am were the erm...

fish markets.

will leave it at though.    :)

Edited by thebrokendoll
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

“Watching the sun come up over the fish market” :lol::lol::lol:

Minging. 

:lol: all the guides said it was the place to go after the clubs shut. 

20 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

lordy me, it's all gone a little bit awry for @Dr Gloom in here.

reminds me a little bit of post our game against bayer leverkusen in cologne afterwards where the only bars left open by about 1am were the erm...

fish markets.

will leave it at though.    :)

this was an actual fish market :lol:

it's a thing, i promise you. not that i was chowing down on a fish sandwich at that hour - i'd lost my appetite long before that stage 

The inevitable appointment in the morning, After a night of debauchery, is to Fischmarkt (fish market Hamburg), place where young people come after the disco to eat the traditional bun with fischfrikadelle (fish cutlet), all accompanied by the inevitable beer. Although during the winter it is very cold, This an experience that you should try if you want to experience the Hamburg's nightlife like the locals.

nightlife Hamburg Fischmarkt

http://www.nightlife-cityguide.com/en/guide-nightlife/nightlife-Hamburg-nightlife-nightclubs/

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/08/2020 at 20:38, Meenzer said:

Looks like a week up at my folks' next month is going to be the extent of this year's "summer" holiday then... I'll have jinxed it now and there'll be a Tyneside local lockdown, you watch :cantlook: 

Yesterday we actually signed some players, parkrun was announced as returning next month, and I bought train tickets to go and see the family next week and hopefully enjoy some emptier termtime beaches too, à la the photo above.

So I'm afraid that pretty much guarantees a nationwide lockdown, seven days of solid rain, and a Chinese nuclear strike in retaliation for Quiff's comments in the Covid thread. You're welcome. :good:

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, Meenzer said:

Yesterday we actually signed some players, parkrun was announced as returning next month, and I bought train tickets to go and see the family next week and hopefully enjoy some emptier termtime beaches too, à la the photo above.

So I'm afraid that pretty much guarantees a nationwide lockdown, seven days of solid rain, and a Chinese nuclear strike in retaliation for Quiff's comments in the Covid thread. You're welcome. :good:

See, it's starting already.

• Haha 4

38 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

York v  Berlin? ...never been to das capital but it’d have to go a long way to beat attempting to do York’s top 10 ale bars in one night....we did seven, collapsed in that belting Pivo bar at the station ...see how you get  on  @Ayatollah Hermione:good:

I’d have it dusted before the late kick off. Not sure wor lass would appreciate me bouncing off the walls either but I’ll have my fun and that’s what matters

• Haha 3

On 27/08/2020 at 20:38, Meenzer said:

Looks like a week up at my folks' next month is going to be the extent of this year's "summer" holiday then... I'll have jinxed it now and there'll be a Tyneside local lockdown, you watch :cantlook: 

Called it. :lol:

• Haha 5

• 3 weeks later...

Went to Cornwall for a week. Some amazing beaches down there. In hindsight we'd have been better off staying near Falmouth, or even Truro as we spent more time on the southern coast. Instead we were near Newquay for the Zoo and aquarium. 

Drive down wasn't half as bad as I thought it would be. 5-6 hours each way. 

Reckon we'll do it again when the little lad is a bit older, but go with friends and get a bigger place.

• Meenzer changed the title to Holidays 2024