Holidays 2024

McFaul

I have to go to St Louis for work in the summer. Anyone got any advice? Seems to be in the middle of nowhere with absolutely nothing to offer as far as I can tell from a bit of Googling :D

Should have a decent live music scene, surely?

St. Louis is known for blues music and bbq. Other than that, can't tell you much.

Boston is a great city to visit... I prefer it over NYC but if you have never been to either you should go to both. The east coast/south has some great places to visit. Charleston in South Carolina is worth the stop. I always have a great time in Atlanta. I would recommend Savannah on the Georgia coast. It has an excellent bar/music scene. St. Augustine in Florida is another interesting town. "Oldest" city in America (by our standards, obviously) that has a great distillery with tours.

If south Florida is on the itinerary, let me know and I can give a pretty extensive list of things to do as I currently live in the area.

Hope this helps.

Ah right cheers :good:. That's a new one on me - I'd heard of the Chicago blues scene and southern/delta blues but never knew about St Louis. Might be decent after all

There was a man vs food episode set in St Louis once, think it was a milkshake challenge. No thanks needed. :good:

Was just wondering if anyone on here has ever been or lived in the USA?

I live in New Jersey and have for about 4 years.

If it's out of a choice between train or car for going between Boston, NYC and Philly I'd definitely take the train like Tom. I think if you were going more to the South like AmericanMag is on about driving would be good but you'd just end up sitting in traffic up here. The other reason is parking in NYC is fucking insanity (unless your hotel has an okay option for parking).

You can even take NJ transit from New York Penn station to Philadelphia (with a change at Newark and somewhere just outside of Philly), which would be pretty cheap (it's like $15 to NYC and back from where I live if I buy a single trip).

• 4 weeks later...

Airbnb.... I know some of you have used it, looking at something for Sydney in the first week in April, a flat came up on the south side for the same price as a room in roughly similar areas but the landlady's profile is completely blank with no history or details. Common sense tells me not to touch with a shitty stick with CT strapped to the end of it, but it's a bargain and ideal for what we need :unsure:

• Meenzer changed the title to Holidays 2024