Holidays 2024

McFaul

Depends where you go, I guess. I'm in Kissimmee and it's just strip mall after strip mall. Ugly as owt. Where you headed?

He's trying to find out where this music video was filmed.

Orlando right in the middle of all the parks.

Sounds like a nightmareish hellscape filled with tourists and fat Americans.

You're scottish, right? If you like Edinburgh, you'll love it.

Think of London and then forget it cos it's pretty much an over filled wanker station.

Where is? Scotland, Florida, Edinburgh, or the theme parks? Either way, you're not wrong.

I love Orlando. I can't think of anywhere better for a family holiday. Great theme parks, shopping, restaurants, beaches close by. If you want somewhere with culture it's not really the place but if you're taking the bairns there's nowhere better imo.

Can't stand the Orlando area. Lived there for a while and haven't been back since (going on ten years now) except for the odd visit to the parks when the English relatives are in town. The only thing I miss would be the bar scene in the downtown area. Kissimmee is the worst part of it all tbh.

Kissimmee is basically just the hub of shops for all the thousands of Villas. Each time we've been we've stayed a mile or two away. Only ever used it for groceries and the gorgeous Outback restaurant.

There's also a pub / breakfast place there that usually has the match on. (Not that I'd waste any time in Orlando watching our shower of shite).

I've never really been to the bars. I've been about ten times but the last couple were with the inlaws and bairns and before that it was when I was a bairn myself. I can't see it being where I'd want to go on holiday with my mates or even with a lass, there's plenty of more interesting places in America I'd pick ahead of it. But there was nothing better than taking the little un to Disney World.

Kissimmee is basically just the hub of shops for all the thousands of Villas. Each time we've been we've stayed a mile or two away. Only ever used it for groceries and the gorgeous Outback restaurant.

There's also a pub / breakfast place there that usually has the match on. (Not that I'd waste any time in Orlando watching our shower of shite).

Orlando is basically a hub of shops tbh. I'm staying a few miles away from all the shops but it's still a fucking shit hole as soon as you leave the estate where the villa is.

Orlando is basically a hub of shops tbh. I'm staying a few miles away from all the shops but it's still a fucking shit hole as soon as you leave the estate where the villa is.

We're staying here http://grandcypress.regency.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html

Edited by Kevin Carr's Gloves

Still not sure why a single fella of your stature has gone to Orlando?

Unless some charva with 5 bairns has got her claws in and is riding you for every penny :lol:

Which one and how much if you don't mind me asking?

It was in Longleat - £1400 for the week. Two families sharing a villa. The only negative is it's well hilly. We all had bikes but the kids struggled at times and the adults ended up carrying all the bikes. The one in sherwood is much flatter so easier for the little ones to get around - there were four kids in the party, all under six.

• Meenzer changed the title to Holidays 2024