Holidays 2024

McFaul

Port Merion where they filmed The Prisoner is a great day out in Wales if you have a car like. Depending when you are there festival number 6 might be on and make it even more worthwhile

I'm a crap tourist, and i'm from Ireland, i've seen castles and stuff over the years, same diff :lol: basically like that scene In Bruges

(also been before to cardiff/swansea/valleys a fair few times, ex was welsh and lived in ponty in same house as my mate/her sister so been back and over a fair few times)

But but but. WATERFALLS YOU CAN WALK BEHIND!

Worst accent I've ever heard was a South African/New Zealand mashup. Horrific.

There's thousands of those fuckers on the north island, one of them informed us he wasn't keen on dear old Nelson getting the president gig and shipped out round then, the NZ goverment loved all these farmers coming over and did a deal for them. As you say they just sound bizzare, one of them we met sounded fairly normal SA, but he littered his speech with kiwi colloquialisms, "Kia ora bro!" In the accent of FW Botha :lol:

There was like tiny Tornadoes which delayed the Ferry across to Sardinia and caused a fair bit of panic amongst the whops. I was like yeah tornadoes in the med better have another beer.... ;)

Edited by Park Life

Just back from a week in Japan, second time there and it is easily one of the best countries on Earth.

However - never, ever transit through China...what an incredible ballache that was.

Transferring planes for international flights they take you through THREE security checks, staffed by about 6 people. This is Beijing mind, not some backwater. Massive queues, drinks (acquired inside international security) and certain batteries confiscated, duty free heavily scrutinized (even though you are not entering their fucking country), extensive body patting. Presumably whichever country you are coming from (the entire world) has inferior security processes. Caught our connecting flight with 2 minutes to spare.

They also screen all your checked luggage and removed an expensive camera battery from ours. This luggage screening happens irrespective and so our bags did not make it onto the flight with us and there was fuck all follow up or information about that - they just arrived at the hotel 24 hours later. We were travelling business class and hopefully asked if there was any fastrack...pretty standard everywhere else in the world, they just barked 'NO SPECIAL!' at us. Fucking commies. Going to China (as in staying) in 2 weeks too, can't fucking wait now. :lol:

China is fucking brilliant with customs like :lol:

If you're flying to Beijing in a couple of weeks for China, brace yourself for all of the illegal 'assistants' to swarm you just after you get past security.

• Meenzer changed the title to Holidays 2024