Holidays 2024

McFaul

:lol:

I must admit I'm really looking forward to it.

The option of arriving in Barcelona a day early and having a solo evenings wander is increasingly likely too. :lol:

I guess there's no problem putting bottled beers in the hold , as it's not going to be pissy lager or any thing fizzy?

No idea mate. But if you fancy some good old English grub, get yourself down to Seaton sluice to take some fish and chips on the plane. Honestly, it's standard nowadays...

Edited by Renton

No idea mate. But if you fancy some good old English grub, get yourself down to Seaton sluice to take some fish and chips on the plane. Honestly, it's standard nowadays...

Whenever we go and stay with my auntie and uncle in Spain we have to purchase Greggs sausage rolls from the airport and take them over. You can take the people out of South Shields....

I was very excited to find last weekend that Greggs have finally made it to Belfast. I haven't had one since my uni days. God was I disappointed with their sausage rolls. I'm not sure whether it was just the fact that I haven't had one in years or whether I just had a greater appreciation for shite food in my youth but it was nowhere near as tasty as I was expecting.

i never did like the sausage rolls tbh, but the steak bakes and the like are grand for the money, likewise the sandwiches and whatnot

Bet you don't get the ham and pease pudding ones over there though ;)

Greggs sausage rolls have definitely gone downhill. I used to eat loads of them in the period 1998-2000 then I didn't have another one til about 2011 and it was completely different. I've since had a fair few from various Greggs all over the country and they're all poor, they must have changed the recipe at some point.

They've incrementally reduced the salt and fat content which I guess you might notice more after a decade.

I've never really understood the fuss about Gregg's. Good value I suppose, but that's about it.

An honourable mention to the Branding Villa near my work. They serve a burger called "The dirty thoughts of Cheryl Cole". The secret ingredient is a Gregg's sausage roll with baked beans. Delicious.

The shit thing thing about greggs is all the local bakers that have gone the journey since their expansion.

There's still a nice one in Forest Hall but aye, generally speaking, you're right

The shit thing thing about greggs is all the local bakers that have gone the journey since their expansion.

Where I'm from Greggs is the local bakers. :closedeyes: 

...the sausage rolls are definitely shite now, mind.

A few years back I was in the one on Saltmeadows Road in Gateshead and got a breakfast special (or whatever it was called) which was basically coffee and a croissant or pain au chocolat. Asked for the latter and the lass didn't have a fucking clue what I was on about.

don't think it's overall a  greggs thing that, they all pretty much disappeared here as well  and greggs only opened last year and we'd no real equivalent.

Tesco etc had more to do with it

Bet you can still get a good tray bake to go with your wee cuppa tea so you can

• Meenzer changed the title to Holidays 2024