Holidays 2024

McFaul

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

It's OK the wife has booked ibiza but not through a company. Plus we've upgraded our room and its still cheaper. With cancellation upto 7 days. So all good. 

You're absolutely desperate to join the mile high covid club, aren't you? 

• Haha 2

Shouldn't impact your visit unless you get drawn into a political conversation with locals. Although, politics is a favourite topic, to be fair.

Aye been to Yosemite and Tahoe - Tahoe a few times cos it was only a few hours drive away. Went to the deep south, Missisippi, Alabama, Louisiana. Worked a bit in Phoenix, Philadelphia, bits of Maryland, Illinois. Just call me Root Beer. 

The best bit about working there was, if you were sent to somewhere for the week, and it got to the weekend and they wanted you back there on Monday, whatever it would cost to get you back to home and then back there for Monday, you could use that budget to go somewhere else as long as you were back to where they wanted you for Monday. 

So if I'm in New Jersey on Friday and it would cost me £x to get back to home (San Francisco) then back again for Monday, I can spend that £x on a weekend in New York instead. Which was a canny good deal. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Did you tour much when you were there @Gemmill

I want to goto Yosemite, Tahoe, Austin, Boston to name a few.

Yosemite - Boston, sure you don't want to visit places a little further apart?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

What’s in Austin? Seems a bit of a random city to chuck in 

All his ex’s (and female former work colleagues) are buried in Texas

• Haha 2

I used to love roadtrip holidays in the states, the scale and beauty at the National parks and the Pacific coastline is staggering, then you try your luck with a random motel, stumble across funny little hick towns, roadside diners, getting sozzled on bourbon. 

Fell in love with California and almost ended up working out there a few years back but looking at what has happened there since, it kind of feels like it worked out for the best. 

6 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I used to love roadtrip holidays in the states, the scale and beauty at the National parks and the Pacific coastline is staggering, then you try your luck with a random motel, stumble across funny little hick towns, roadside diners, getting sozzled on bourbon. 

Fell in love with California and almost ended up working out there a few years back but looking at what has happened there since, it kind of feels like it worked out for the best. 

Aye, you’re a lucky man not to have left this British utopia.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

I mean the fact that they are making us look good right now says a lot :lol: 

It's true like  I have zero desire to go back to the US again now. Went there a few times in my 20s, east coast only, and enjoyed it, although never liked it as much as here or Europe tbh. 

• Meenzer changed the title to Holidays 2024