Holidays 2024

McFaul

1 minute ago, Alex said:

:razz: I was there a week and I think I got fairly lucky like but it’s supposed to be one of best places in Europe fir spotting eagles I think. 

first time I saw an otter in the wild I'd turned right off the a83 from oban to campbeltown on a single track road to ardfern. fucking thing hurled itself out of a hedgerow right in front of me lwb sprinter and I nearly catapulted mrs bd and the 2 dogs out the windscreen to avoid flattening it!

wouldn't for a second dispute your claim about eagles on mull mate, but a few years ago we walked cain gorge in spain's picos de europa  (jaw droppingly stunning) and eagles and vultures were as numerous as pigeons in trafalgar square!   :)

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I’d imagine being shat on by a vulture would ruin your day. :lol:

:)

you know cain gorge mf?

hard to decide which is the most spectacular between that and the gorge du verdon in france.. 

just as an aside to the whole trafalgar square/mull/pyranees comparison. I never saw any mackems dive head first in to a foot deep pool from a head spinningly deep gorge in northern spain. which is a damned shame I reckon.  :)

Edited by thebrokendoll
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, thebrokendoll said:

:)

you know cain gorge mf?

hard to decide which is the most spectacular between that and the gorge du verdon in france.. 

just as an aside to the whole trafalgar square/mull/pyranees comparison. I never saw any mackems dive head first in to a foot deep pool from a head spinningly deep gorge in northern spain. which is a damned shame I reckon.  :)

Alright, Samuel L Jackson

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, thebrokendoll said:

you know cain gorge mf?

I don’t mate- lived in the Ardeche Gorge, climbed in the Verdon, took a lass for a mucky weekend to the Gorges du Tarn. 

Did you stay in Poncebos? :lol:

• 1 month later...

Arrived for my annual week in the lakes in the lodge I have booked for this week every year, Patterdale. It's fucking scorching hot. The drive from Pooley Bridge through Glen Ridding was the busiest I've ever seen. Not exactly tranquil like, hope it quietens during the week. I mean, we've all got the right to be here, but at the same time, I can't help thinking....

02c509d1d5800b0a6695fbccef7964b8--bird-gif-middle-fingers.jpg

• Haha 4

:lol:

Renton wakes up and saunters out to the verandah of his favourite lodge for a leisurely breakfast, spots a group of “fucking tourists!” a mile away approaching Renton Towers …

ArcticAjarChrysalis-max-1mb.gif

• Haha 5

7 hours ago, Renton said:

Arrived for my annual week in the lakes in the lodge I have booked for this week every year, Patterdale. It's fucking scorching hot. The drive from Pooley Bridge through Glen Ridding was the busiest I've ever seen. Not exactly tranquil like, hope it quietens during the week. I mean, we've all got the right to be here, but at the same time, I can't help thinking....

02c509d1d5800b0a6695fbccef7964b8--bird-gif-middle-fingers.jpg

:lol:  Did you think that the closing of the borders wouldn’t effect your yearly dogging holiday?

• Haha 4

On 23/03/2021 at 00:00, Monkeys Fist said:

If anyone's not already familiar with The Real Leigh Griffith's blog by Dundee Barry its definitely worth a read if you're ever needing a cheap laugh.

It's written from the point of view of wee Leigh when he signed for Dundee to play under Jocky Scott.

https://provieroadpod.com/2017/11/12/chapter-1-whas-in-cherge-here/

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

The seagulls in St Ives are insane. I guarantee it nicked his pastie. That's motive enough for anyone. 

That actually was Rents...He was up on the fells doing his best "Wullie Wordsworth" when the filthy avian motherfucker swooped in to pluck the Kendal mint cake from his very hand so our boy tracked the fucker 500 miles to St Ives where they had a square go on the beech 👊

• Haha 6

14 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

That actually was Rents...He was up on the fells doing his best "Wullie Wordsworth" when the filthy avian motherfucker swooped in to pluck the Kendal mint cake from his very hand so our boy tracked the fucker 500 miles to St Ives where they had a square go on the beech 👊

For the poor seagull’s sake I hope he’d washed his hands - we all know where they’ve been :omgwank:

• Haha 4

When my nippers were little we took them for a couple of nights in a “camping pod” - a fucking shed, near York, in June

It was fucking Baltic - we were just a few miles north of the city, where they’re all rampant Tories and more inbred than the Hapsburgs, fuck all to do, pubs as welcoming as the Slaughtered Lamb, all in all a thoroughly shite few days, which the kids look back on with great fondness, the contrary little shites :lol:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

When my nippers were little we took them for a couple of nights in a “camping pod” - a fucking shed, near York, in June

It was fucking Baltic - we were just a few miles north of the city, where they’re all rampant Tories and more inbred than the Hapsburgs, fuck all to do, pubs as welcoming as the Slaughtered Lamb, all in all a thoroughly shite few days, which the kids look back on with great fondness, the contrary little shites :lol:

"Mind that holiday that was so shite that dad actually spent time with us rather than fuck off to the pub?"

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, Alex said:

Campsite at / near Helmsley. I will be taking plenty of fucking booze 

Lovely round there mate, will be nice as long as the weather holds 

• Like 1

Sneaky kid free night away with the Mrs. Started the day in Stokesly, then afternoon in Whitby, bit of shopping in Thirsk, waved at @Alex passing through Hemsley and now sitting in a gorgeous hotel beer garden in Pately Bridge.

Back home tomorrow via swaledale and Wensleydale while keeping an eye out for @Dr Gloom on another stag do.

Obviously a bit pissed but will do my best to “fuck off” ASAP.

However might be drinking late and looking for the odd meteor in the sky so can’t promise.

• Like 2

• Meenzer changed the title to Holidays 2024