Holidays 2024

McFaul

Speaking of Baboon’s Arseholes, I’ve booked a trip to Go Ape with the Fistlets and Mrs. this weekend, because I really miss having my weighty bollocks squashed by an ill-fitting harness. :lol:

Any recommendations (from people who know how to buy chilli flakes) for lunchtime pubs within 1/2 hour of Matfen are welcome. 

7 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Speaking of Baboon’s Arseholes, I’ve booked a trip to Go Ape with the Fistlets and Mrs. this weekend, because I really miss having my weighty bollocks squashed by an ill-fitting harness. :lol:

Any recommendations (from people who know how to buy chilli flakes) for lunchtime pubs within 1/2 hour of Matfen are welcome. 

There’s a lovely pub opposite the Matfen, just walk through the churchyard.

Or better still just get a bar meal in the conservatory at the matfen.

45 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

I make my own. Called mega bread. Bit rubbery but does the job. Not that I eat much bread these days.

I'm the same. Don't eat much bread but keep some rolls in the freezer in case jnr turns up for burgers etc. I couldn't be bothered to make my own. 

Any reason you went keto? 

24 minutes ago, Ugly Mackems said:

I'm the same. Don't eat much bread but keep some rolls in the freezer in case jnr turns up for burgers etc. I couldn't be bothered to make my own. 

Any reason you went keto? 

Was looking at Atkins to shift a bit of weight quickly, then discovered Keto fitness club on Facebook and diet doctor and learned a lot about the benefits of very low carb diets.

Only takes a few days to get into Ketosis (fat burning) and after that it’s fairly straightforward. Quite often I’m just on one meal a day. Just not hungry as once your in ketosis the body quite happily eats you :lol:

It’s quite something after about a week or two that your brain and energy levels kick into overdrive.

You just have to set yourself up with all the new cupboard staples such as almond flour, xantham gum and linseed etc and then you’re good to go.

53 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Was looking at Atkins to shift a bit of weight quickly, then discovered Keto fitness club on Facebook and diet doctor and learned a lot about the benefits of very low carb diets.

Only takes a few days to get into Ketosis (fat burning) and after that it’s fairly straightforward. Quite often I’m just on one meal a day. Just not hungry as once your in ketosis the body quite happily eats you :lol:

It’s quite something after about a week or two that your brain and energy levels kick into overdrive.

You just have to set yourself up with all the new cupboard staples such as almond flour, xantham gum and linseed etc and then you’re good to go.

I've been at it for 10 months. Worked quite well. Reversed type 2 (the reason I went on it) and lost 4+ stone to date.  I'm happily doing 16/8 with at least one 24 hour fast a week.  I've never used xantham gum or linseed but did make a chocolate mug cake almond flour. It was ok but I don't crave anything sweet. 

I found it fairly easy once I got in the swing. 

17 minutes ago, Ugly Mackems said:

I've been at it for 10 months. Worked quite well. Reversed type 2 (the reason I went on it) and lost 4+ stone to date.  I'm happily doing 16/8 with at least one 24 hour fast a week.  I've never used xantham gum or linseed but did make a chocolate mug cake almond flour. It was ok but I don't crave anything sweet. 

That’s excellent. It’s pretty well known for reversing type 2.

As you say, once you get your head round it it’s fairly easy. Bread I rarely miss, rice is substituted with cauliflower rice and I’ve just started making my own flatbreads to have with fajitas and Crispy duck on Saturday with gem lettuce for pancakes.

But because the carbs are virtually gone you don’t get those highs and lows so can naturally fast.

Bet your doc is loving those results.

1 hour ago, Christmas Tree said:

No more beer then? Tough break 

42 minutes ago, Ugly Mackems said:

Wow, that’s an amazing transformation. Sticking with it for 10 months is impressive. Do you miss “normal” food, beer etc?

35 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Wow, that’s an amazing transformation. Sticking with it for 10 months is impressive. Do you miss “normal” food, beer etc?

I eat normal food. Nothing processed. No fruit. Cook with real butter and olive oil. Green veg grown above ground. Eggs! Cheese. 2ltrs of water a day. (Ham and cheese 3 egg omelette for lunch. Sirloin Steak, cauli, broccolli and sprouts for tea. (fry the cooked veg in butter)

I've not drank a pint for the duration. Vodka and diet coke the go-to beverage of choice.

9 hours ago, Ugly Mackems said:

I eat normal food. Nothing processed. No fruit. Cook with real butter and olive oil. Green veg grown above ground. Eggs! Cheese. 2ltrs of water a day. (Ham and cheese 3 egg omelette for lunch. Sirloin Steak, cauli, broccolli and sprouts for tea. (fry the cooked veg in butter)

I've not drank a pint for the duration. Vodka and diet coke the go-to beverage of choice.

Try Lagunitas Daytime if you're desperate for a beer. Like most low carb stuff it's not great, but it plugs the gap. 

I'd never heard of that Seriously Low Carb stuff, so have ordered some. Cheers for mentioning it. 

And congrats on the type 2 reversal, that's class. 

4 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Try Lagunitas Daytime if you're desperate for a beer. Like most low carb stuff it's not great, but it plugs the gap. 

I'd never heard of that Seriously Low Carb stuff, so have ordered some. Cheers for mentioning it. 

And congrats on the type 2 reversal, that's class. 

The rolls are good. The bread is not up to much. 

I don't miss the beer to be fair. I'm not a big drinker but would binge when opportunity allowed. Nowt for weeks then a mega session then nowt for weeks. Just go careful now I'm on the voddies. 

• Meenzer changed the title to Holidays 2024