Holidays 2024

McFaul

It’s a stag do so I’m probably going to end up with what Gemmill has just mentioned but I’ll keep those in mind for some afternoon jars. Might do those instead of being forced into whatever shite they have planned. Fucking load of shite done at the last minute because god forbid they delay it a bit longer

I'm looking to book a cottage in Northumberland for a week in October - does anyone have any recommendations? 

After somewhere as a base to explore the whole county with day trips etc but a nice place in its own right. 

Happy for individual suggestions or good sites people use in this area or others. 

13 minutes ago, NJS said:

I'm looking to book a cottage in Northumberland for a week in October - does anyone have any recommendations? 

After somewhere as a base to explore the whole county with day trips etc but a nice place in its own right. 

Happy for individual suggestions or good sites people use in this area or others. 

https://www.exploremiddletonhall.co.uk/boathouse

This place is nice. There's other properties on their website too but with the boathouse it's dead private, view out to the water, and you get your own rowing boat so you can get your Olympics on. 

Whether it works as a base for you, i dunno! 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

https://www.exploremiddletonhall.co.uk/boathouse

This place is nice. There's other properties on their website too but with the boathouse it's dead private, view out to the water, and you get your own rowing boat so you can get your Olympics on. 

Whether it works as a base for you, i dunno! 

Stayed at the cottage there over Christmas when our house was a building site and I payed way over the odds just to not spend Christmas in a Dusseldorf hut tribute act. :lol:

It was lush to fair however the time of the year didn't help as it was pitch black around four o'clock. It would be excellent in the summer though. :good:

• Like 3

Not a recommendation but when lever I go past it on the A19 the advert for the holiday cottages at Burradon makes me laugh. Fucking Burradon, man :lol: 

• Haha 1

Just discovered the YHA :lol:

Never looked into them before but what stunning places they have. Thinking of having a bit of a run round with the Mrs during the hols.

Im thinking of Stratford upon Avon, over to Snowdonia, then Chester, the hawks head or Coniston.

Just got to find some cheap hiking boots and matching cagoules so we look like walkers.

54 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

:lol: 

Didn’t Gazza live in one during his “ Roast Chicken and Fishing Rod” period? 

Aye, he did :lol: 

43 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Just discovered the YHA :lol:

Never looked into them before but what stunning places they have. Thinking of having a bit of a run round with the Mrs during the hols.

Im thinking of Stratford upon Avon, over to Snowdonia, then Chester, the hawks head or Coniston.

Just got to find some cheap hiking boots and matching cagoules so we look like walkers.

It’s fun to stay there 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

Stayed at the cottage there over Christmas when our house was a building site and I payed way over the odds just to not spend Christmas in a Dusseldorf hut tribute act. :lol:

It was lush to fair however the time of the year didn't help as it was pitch black around four o'clock. It would be excellent in the summer though. :good:

That looks amazing.... funnily enough we worked at the “big hoose” when I was an apprentice. This is the first time I’ve thought about that place since about 1988 :lol: 

We’re Airbnb-ing  here in about  5 weeks, just after the kids go back to school  :good: 

https://abnb.me/AsG0lnrciib

3F110A71-A73E-4FB8-AFF7-C25ED5F3D57B.jpeg

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Like 1

https://coquetcottages.co.uk/northumberland-holiday-cottages/pottergate-tower/

Forgot about this place. I've stayed here a couple of times. You're right in the middle of Alnwick - you're actually staying in the tower you can see at the end of this street:

Screenshot_20210729-200029_Chrome.thumb.jpg.44037c1b9aa87a630b478adae124e1e0.jpg

Check the website link for pics of the interior - it's all been done out really nicely. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

* walks in to hostel after a 20 mile hike, spots CT firing up the portable microwave, turns around and walks 20 miles more to sleep in a bush. 

Is that by The Proclaimers? 

• Haha 3

Off to the Cotswolds in September, staying near Cirencester. Thankfully all the planning has been done by Mrs Fish, because I know fuck all about the Cotswolds.

Edit: Reading that sentence back reminds me that I'm regularly shocked by the ways my life has changed in the past 4 years. 

Edited by The Fish
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Off to the Cotswolds in September, staying near Cirencester. Thankfully all the planning has been done by Mrs Fish, because I know fuck all about the Cotswolds.

Edit: Reading that sentence back reminds me that I'm regularly shocked by the ways my life has changed in the past 4 years. 

Local boy done good! From Blyth to the Cotswolds in four years. Fish's old house getting a blue plaque and a matching set of Victorian style street lamps outside as soon as the council get the chance and the lord mayor puts it in his schedule. :good:

• Haha 5

39 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Local boy done good! From Blyth to the Cotswolds in four years. Fish's old house getting a blue plaque and a matching set of Victorian style street lamps outside as soon as the council get the chance and the lord mayor puts it in his schedule. :good:

Took a bit longer than that. 

• Haha 3

• Meenzer changed the title to Holidays 2024