Holidays 2024

McFaul

• 3 weeks later...

Who knew Yorkshire was this nice? We've been lucky with the weather, but the villages around here are all class looking, little stream running through them, stone houses, all that shit. 

Everyone in Yorkshire sounds like they're complaining though, no matter what they're talking about. 

It's no wonder they churn out so many endurance athletes though. Mint countryside, windy roads, and the constant need to escape the sound of complaint in the air. 

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

Who knew Yorkshire was this nice? We've been lucky with the weather, but the villages around here are all class looking, little stream running through them, stone houses, all that shit. 

Everyone in Yorkshire sounds like they're complaining though, no matter what they're talking about. 

It's no wonder they churn out so many endurance athletes though. Mint countryside, windy roads, and the constant need to escape the sound of complaint in the air. 

Primrose valley?

9 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Primrose valley?

Nah were about 10 miles north of Helmsley in the North York Moors National Park. The "village" we're in is about 5 houses and a pub at the bottom of a valley. 

We went for lunch in this old pub in Appleton- Le-Moors earlier today. This yorkshire bloke in his late 50s turns up, all walking geared up, about 10 minutes after they've finished serving food, and asks if he can still get something to eat. The barman kindly says he'll ask the chef and the chef agrees they'll sort him out with some food after he fucking moans on about how he's been walking 20 miles etc. 

This cunt sits at a table and five minutes later, without even turning his head to look at the bar, shouts seemingly to the whole bar, "Ready to order now!" 

As it turns out there's no one at the bar, so the head shaking starts from this miserable twat. At this point, the barman walks back in and cunto pipes up, "I SAID I'm ready to order now!". Then when the barman goes over, before he's even had the chance to ask what the bloke wants, he tells him "I didn't expect to be sitting this long waiting to order!" 

I couldn't fucking believe what I was hearing. :lol:

• Haha 3

30 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

We went for lunch in this old pub in Appleton- Le-Moors earlier today. This yorkshire bloke in his late 50s turns up, all walking geared up, about 10 minutes after they've finished serving food, and asks if he can still get something to eat. The barman kindly says he'll ask the chef and the chef agrees they'll sort him out with some food after he fucking moans on about how he's been walking 20 miles etc. 

This cunt sits at a table and five minutes later, without even turning his head to look at the bar, shouts seemingly to the whole bar, "Ready to order now!" 

As it turns out there's no one at the bar, so the head shaking starts from this miserable twat. At this point, the barman walks back in and cunto pipes up, "I SAID I'm ready to order now!". Then when the barman goes over, before he's even had the chance to ask what the bloke wants, he tells him "I didn't expect to be sitting this long waiting to order!" 

I saw an older wife in tears trying to park, take it she hit a bollard and her old husband getting irate outside making things 100 times worse for the panicking auld dear shouting he was going to go home etc. She kept reversing out and every time he was getting more and more stressed. It was a disabled spot and it was a canny sized car, not sure she could see properly and felt like shouting over to the bloke to pipe down and do it himself.

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

A beautiful county ruined by the locals 

• Haha 3

When I went camping near Helmsley the other week it was about 30c and the farmer that owned the site was driving around telling off kids for filling their water pistols up :lol: 

• Haha 2

Not Yorkshire but close enough in my eyes, mate asked for a bag of chips and a can of pop at Oldham, lass looked at him and give it the 'Ya wot, luv?' he said it again and she gave him a bag of chips and a tin of beans so you can add thick as fuck to tight as fuck. :lol:

• Haha 5

42 minutes ago, NJS said:

They really don't like it but I consider Yorkshire and Lancashire to be occupied by the same sub-species. 

From my experience Lancs think everything and everywhere is shit, Yorks think everything and everywhere else is shit.

• Haha 1

On 18/08/2021 at 16:38, Gemmill said:

That's because we are always complaining.

• Haha 1

On 23/08/2021 at 09:36, wykikitoon said:

Stunning up there.  Have you been up to the waterfall?

Stanley Ghyll Force? Aye, mate.m, if that’s where you mean. Not sure about that viewing platform with the cut out bits in the floor like. 

• Meenzer changed the title to Holidays 2024