Holidays 2024

McFaul

19 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

The "walking miles up hills in the pissy wet" gene must have passed me by mind. The Europeans have the right idea. Get a cable car up, walk across the top to take in the views and get the cable car back down :lol: 

Fatto-taxi tbh

• Haha 2

I did Slight Side and Scafell from Eskdale this morning. I expect to ge walking like John Wayne for the next day or 3. 

AEA417C3-97EA-45D3-8F18-2323E55807E1.jpeg

Edited by Alex
  • Like 10

1 hour ago, Alex said:

I did Slight Side and Scafell from Eskdale this morning. I expect to ge walking like John Wayne for the next day or 3. 

AEA417C3-97EA-45D3-8F18-2323E55807E1.jpeg

Did you take the dogs or is it too far/dangerous for them? 

18 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Did you take the dogs or is it too far/dangerous for them? 

I didn’t but you easily could, depending on your dog(s). The little terrier is knocking on a bit though (there’s your euphemism, Renton). The greyhound, apart from getting excited at all the sheep would probably overheat. But there’s no narrow ridge walks or anything on that route and it would be fine I reckon

Edited by Alex
  • Like 1

I'm booked for a walking holiday in Devon from Friday.

Caught my ankle in a tree trunk out walking last week and still can't put any weight on it

The missus is fuming

I would have added a picture of gruesome bruising and swelling but the site won't let me.

Edited by spongebob toonpants
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

I'm booked for a walking holiday in Devon from Friday.

Caught my ankle in a tree trunk out walking last week and still can't put any weight on it

The missus is fuming

I would have added a picture of gruesome bruising and swelling but the site won't let me.

If your ankle is really buggered and she's really upset it'll be a wanking holiday in Devon

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Speaking of waterfalls, took these the other day… 10 shiny interweb points if you recognise it. 

5lfygz.jpg

5lfyny.jpg

5lfykq.jpg

Linhope Spout? 

4 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Coincidentally, the walk up the wooded dene to get there is rife with mushrooms just now :lol:

must be climate change. when I used to live up home I'd go looking for mushrooms in mid october, although sometimes you'd find them on waskerley moors a bit earlier.

:)

9 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

must be climate change. when I used to live up home I'd go looking for mushrooms in mid october, although sometimes you'd find them on waskerley moors a bit earlier.

:)

I think it’s because the valley’s flora is watered by weak piss, according to Gemmill. 

😉

• Meenzer changed the title to Holidays 2024