Holidays 2024

McFaul

4 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

As for Leith, that wasn't in the plan but just been looking there and it seems like her sort of scene so I'll expand the search into there. Cheers, chaps.

Decent shout for a couple of hours in the daytime too - bit of a walk by the water, plenty of hipster cafés with obscene cheesecakes (not a euphemism), etc

5 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

My sister in law who now toils miserably in Corstorphine hails from Bari on the Adriatic coast of Pulia….she says this is the beast Italian restaurant in Scotland… 

http://www.locandadegusti.com/menu/

I was in there the other week. After the main course the waiter asked if we wanted to see the dessert menu. I said what’s it called when they pour espresso over ice cream. He said affogato. I said I can’t remember either 

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, Blastronaut said:

If you're in Leith be sure to check out the birthplace of one of our greatest paedos, Leigh Griffith's. 

One of a kind structure, the worlds only portaloo that's also a listed building.

FYP

• 2 months later...
12 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Just booked Playa Del Carmen/Mexico for next years day off the dead festival on a whim!

Anyone been to the resort before?

Just passed through it really, twenty years ago on a trip to Cozumel island, hard to tell but seemed alright. Also very handily placed for a trip on the ferry to Cozumel which was good back then and I'd recommend going over there at least once especially considering you'll be in playa del Carmen. 👍

Yours,

Hastaluegomanheyman.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

We're getting a new kitchen, the cost of which makes cry, so there'll be no holiday this year. Maybe a trip or two to Keswick but that'll be it. 

Samesies.

Got a week in Eskdale again in August. Also got a couple of nights for just me and my lass at the Alnmouth Shoreside Huts in February. Hopefully it’s not too Baltic 

Got a refund for my skiing holiday and promptly rebooked it from Dublin. So with my Irish passport and a funny southern accent I can happily enter France on Saturday and enjoy it's splendour in the absence of any obnoxious English twats. They really should be charging a premium for the privilege. 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Got a refund for my skiing holiday and promptly rebooked it from Dublin. So with my Irish passport and a funny southern accent I can happily enter France on Saturday and enjoy it's splendour in the absence of any obnoxious English twats. They really should be charging a premium for the privilege. 

"Okay :quotes: Dublin boy :quotes:, what machine do we use to clear ze snow from ze ow you say roads?" 

"Err... Is this really necessary? I was bleeding bankaxed last night, I can't remember to be sure."

"Sir. Ze name of ze machine" 

"It's a snow p-..... A snow pl....." 

"Spit it out sir."

"SNOW PLOY! ITS A FUCKING SNOW PLOY! JUST DEPORT ME NOY YA WEE FRENCH CUNT!" 

• Haha 6

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

Booked a villa in Emba, Cyprus. First holiday for six years, not even be sure what to do these days? :lol:

Graeme Jones should be your go to for some fashion advice 

• Haha 5

• Meenzer changed the title to Holidays 2024