Holidays 2024

McFaul

Going to Italy for our honeymoon, first week of September. Just booked flights to and from Rome but undecided on where to stay at the minute - Costa Amalfi looks canny but seems to lack decent beaches so I'm looking a bit further south now, a place called Castellabate which is a bit less convenient but seems to be more quiet with nicer beaches. Will also have a night in Rome and one in Naples, or maybe two in Rome, depending on how far south we end up staying. Anyone been round this sort of area with any tips?

i've done rome and the amalfi coast in a combined 2 week break before. rome is amazing. amalfi i could see being a nice place to be on honeymoon. we stayed in positano, which was lush. and sorrento, which was less beautiful. avoid naples like - rough as fuck.

lake como could fit the bill too

i could murder two weeks in the sun. probably going to SF this year to do a bit of a recce ahead of a potential move out there later in the year.

Scarborough/Filey is minging, and you'll struggle with the hills on your segskate.

;)

http://www.hometuscany.com/

Private little villas, shared pool, nice gardens, head into town (5/10 min drive) now and then, self catering optional.

Pizza Vallone awesome locals pizza joint, very close. http://www.ilvallone.it/

Would do again.

Edit - I didn't pay anything like those prices, was about 900 euros a week 4 years ago for the 2 bed townhouse. Haggle!

Edited by trophyshy

Obviously cancelled our holidays, at a loss to my wallet.

I'm going to organise another trip to Amsterdam with my mates, and then probably go Cuba on me tod cos I really wanna go.

Obviously cancelled our holidays, at a loss to my wallet.

I'm going to organise another trip to Amsterdam with my mates, and then probably go Cuba on me tod cos I really wanna go.

Do it. I've been on a couple of mad holidays (Australia and South Africa) on my own (although I did meet my brother in Oz) following break-ups and they've been amazing. Nobody to answer to, compromise with or argue with. Life is too short.

Mate, I went travelling around North Africa on my own when I was in my early 20's. Apart from the regular shits from the street food I loved it.

I would have no hesitation doing it again just a bit worried I would look like a sex tourist in Cuba on me own, pasty, straw hat, smoking a cigar and drinking all the rum in the country (also viewing a new building tomorrow somI might be skint)

Mate, I went travelling around North Africa on my own when I was in my early 20's. Apart from the regular shits from the street food I loved it.

I would have no hesitation doing it again just a bit worried I would look like a sex tourist in Cuba on me own, pasty, straw hat, smoking a cigar and drinking all the rum in the country (also viewing a new building tomorrow somI might be skint)

Fuck it! Travel before you get tied to a mortgage for the next 25 years. What have you got to lose?

I've not been able to go on a proper adventure since I had my son 7yrs ago, but am going to darkest Peru this summer, thanks to my very understanding (and schoolteacher with all summer off) ex. Seriously, look at all the real shit in the world - just be happy.

I would have no hesitation doing it again just a bit worried I would look like a sex tourist in Cuba on me own, pasty, straw hat, smoking a cigar and drinking all the rum in the country

That's CT on every holiday.

...you have a point

i've done rome and the amalfi coast in a combined 2 week break before. rome is amazing. amalfi i could see being a nice place to be on honeymoon. we stayed in positano, which was lush. and sorrento, which was less beautiful. avoid naples like - rough as fuck.

lake como could fit the bill too

Ok thanks mate. I have had positano on my list of potential places so it's good to get a positive recommendation. Was just a bit put off by the beach but I'll have another look. I think como would be a bit of a trek since we're flying into Rome, didn't want to be spending too much time driving or on trains once landing - amalfi and around there seemed more realistic

• Meenzer changed the title to Holidays 2024