Holidays 2024

McFaul

Blatantly mirrors in the ceiling

Needs them for his chin ups.

Anyone seen the footage of that old(ish) couple getting battered in Thailand? The knockout punch on the wife looks like something out of a Laurel & Hardy film until you see boot to her head when she tries to get up. Horrible stuff.

• 5 weeks later...

Voting is underway :geek::blush2: to decide the destination for our annual off-season Eurovision shindig later in the year. Final round is between Madrid, Zagreb, Malaga, Sofia, Riga, Malta, Bucharest and Belgrade. The only ones I particularly want to go to are the ones I've been to before. Suppose Sofia and Bucharest would at least be dirt-cheap.

Fuck me, Sofia actually won. [emoji38] Anyone here ever been?

Went in 99 when we played there. Probably changed a bit but had a great time - cheap and a bit edgy.

• 2 weeks later...

Went in 99 when we played there. Probably changed a bit but had a great time - cheap and a bit edgy.

I can get behind that. It'll be more sanitised now but hopefully the edges shouldn't have been blunted too much yet.

Meanwhile, I've just booked a few days in southwest Wales starting from the day after the EU referendum. Not intentional timing, but if it does all go tits up, it might be best to be tramping round some deserted coves in the middle of nowhere with only some seabirds to shout at. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Just booked 16 days in SF later in the summer. I'm sure it will be fine, once we're through the 11 hour journey with a 15 month old girl. The 5 year old boy will be fine as we'll be able to plug him into the iPad. He'll love the rare chance to watch back to back movies. She doesn't sit still for more than 10 minutes on the other hand. Then there's the jet lag with an 8 hour time difference.

I'm not sure we thought this through.

Just booked 16 days in SF later in the summer. I'm sure it will be fine, once we're through the 11 hour journey with a 15 month old girl. The 5 year old boy will be fine as we'll be able to plug him into the iPad. He'll love the rare chance to watch back to back movies. She doesn't sit still for more than 10 minutes on the other hand. Then there's the jet lag with an 8 hour time difference.

I'm not sure we thought this through.

Drug 'em up.

Too late. We got premium economy seats too. Pity the poor sods sitting next to us who shelled out the dosh for the extra leg room thinking they're going to get a bit of kip on the flight sat next to us.

Too late. We got premium economy seats too. Pity the poor sods sitting next to us who shelled out the dosh for the extra leg room thinking they're going to get a bit of kip on the flight sat next to us.

Reminds me of last year us taking ours back on a flight from Menorca (only 2 1/2 hour flight). Two weeks later in sainsburys I got a tap on my shoulder, turned round and an older gentleman said "Don't remember me do you". "Errrr, no". "I remember you. We were in front of you on the flight back from Menorca_".

Oh how we laughed. Yes mine were fucking awful on that flight. The thought of them on a 12 hour flight fills me with fear. :D

It just be 10 hours of living hell to endure. Once we get there it'll be worth the pain, I hope. Yosemite, Napa, Lake Tahoe, SF City, the Pacific Coast.

Might try and plug the little girl into the iPad too. I'm struggling to think how else the journey isn't going to be a complete nightmare, unless we go down the drug her or check her into the hold route.

We've been to the west coast with our boy when he was 3 and it was fine. Did the PCH, Santa Monica and Palm Springs. 15 months is a tricky age because they're walking, into everything but basically do what they want to do

• Meenzer changed the title to Holidays 2024