Holidays 2024

McFaul

Just booked a little cabin in the woods by Lake Tahoe as part of our tour of Northern California. Looks lush and I was really excited until I received the confirmation email back from the owner this morning, with warnings not to leave any food - even crumbs - outside, or in the car, in case it attracts bears.

That's going to be a challenge with two kids, and should put the attack of the killer seagulls Renton experienced into perspective.

Might wanna check when your lass is on the blob as well mate

i had envisioned getting the kids to bed, then enjoying a nice glass of californian plonk and some scran with the mrs on the cabin's terrace with our view of the woods and lake.

instead i'm going to be peering out from behind the curtain, shitting myself in case the kids have led the bears to our cabin with their usual trail of food and mess.

Edited by Dr Gloom

My tent used to be a regular wild boar arse-rubbing station when I lived in the wilds. :lol:

Used to freak me the fuck out, probably more due to the prodigious amounts of greenery I smoked than any malicious porcine master plan.

My tent used to be a regular wild boar arse-rubbing station when I lived in the wilds. :lol:

Used to freak me the fuck out, probably more due to the prodigious amounts of greenery I smoked than any malicious porcine master plan.

What was your last line of defence? Blowing military grade grass under the tent...? :lol:

Aye, black bears won't attack humans unless they feel threatened and even then they'll normally run away rather than attack. They're basically the pussies of the bear world.

What Ewerk said here is spot on, Black bears are soft as owt I chased loads off when I worked at a summer camp over here. They're scavengers more than anything.

Not really a holiday but due to the insane price of city breaks decided to save a trip to rome/milan until later and catch a match and just go visit a friend this week

off to Swansea tomorrow... not a great city tbh

You mobile at all while you're there? Some smashing scenery within an hour's drive.

Sorry, try this

" Get to the Gowwwerrr, there's lovely, isn't it?"

Rob Brydon.

Edit; also, just seen your ex was Welsh.

Good job you split really, can you imagine the poor little bugger's accent if you'd had a kid together? :lol:

Can honestly say I don't think I've ever heard a Welsh/Norn Iron accent- 10 inter webs to the first person to post one.

• Meenzer changed the title to Holidays 2024