Holidays 2024

McFaul

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

Never let a woman arrange a holiday.

It's either that or getting nagged all holiday about why I didn't do this or that.....

Spoiler

Pussy whipped.

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

Never let a woman arrange a holiday.

Wrong. Giving birth and arranging holidays is their role in life.

Besides, if you arrange one and it goes tits up, no matter how unforeseen the cause of the problem, I mean, you may as well :suicide: to make the nagging stop. 

1 minute ago, Park Life said:

Snooping around I've also discovered she's blown 300 on some hair removing laser gun. Where will it end? :lol:

Odd, I thought your wife was German? 

3 minutes ago, Renton said:

Wrong. Giving birth and arranging holidays is their role in life.

Besides, if you arrange one and it goes tits up, no matter how unforeseen the cause of the problem, I mean, you may as well :suicide: to make the nagging stop. 

Yeah but I have everything planned flawlessly. I in no way trust her to do it as well as me.

Driving up for a family wedding near Tarbert, through the Lake District, up through Glasgow and over the "Rest and be Thankful" as my Dad insists on calling the A83. Should be a beautiful drive if the weather holds off.

Then we're off to Pollença on Majorca in September. 

Pollença was copied and pasted before I get shit for putting the tail on the c

Edited by The Fish

15 hours ago, The Fish said:

Driving up for a family wedding near Tarbert, through the Lake District, up through Glasgow and over the "Rest and be Thankful" as my Dad insists on calling the A83. Should be a beautiful drive if the weather holds off.

Then we're off to Pollença on Majorca in September. 

Pollença was copied and pasted before I get shit for putting the tail on the c

Everyone in Scotland calls it the rest and be thankful.

If Stephen's Green isn't too far, Shanahan's is fantastic.

I've not been in Dublin for a while though, so I can ask my brother who's a :quotes: foodie :quotes: if there's anywhere better?

Just got back from a few days at my mother's. Fucking 15/16 degrees and showers all week. It's like visiting bastard winterfell. Still, had a nice time scrambling on the roaman wall with the kids. And took them to Broom House Farm in the Durham countryside, which had this awesome adventure trail in a little wood with zip wires/things to climb on, which my six year old loved.

Got a weekend in Manchester to watch the cricket next weekend then two weeks in Tuscany coming up at the end of the month - brap!

14 hours ago, adios said:

If Stephen's Green isn't too far, Shanahan's is fantastic.

I've not been in Dublin for a while though, so I can ask my brother who's a :quotes: foodie :quotes: if there's anywhere better?

Have been informed that Shanahan's might be the best but is "stupidly expensive", so keep that in mind.

Apparently I've also been overly harsh on Buckley's which is "solid" (especially for the price) but Featherblade (Dawson St) is better.

I assumed steak was what you were after btw.

On 31/07/2017 at 9:55 AM, NJS said:

Tuscany?

Parky/Chez territory. 

Just got back from some Greek Island hopping. Quite honestly the best value holiday I've had in ages. Friendly people, good seafood and pristine waters. Plus the Greeks love a chat about the EU innit. :D

Athens-Hydra-Santorini (just for a laugh)-Paros-Milos.

Apartments/Small Villas are better than getting trapped with the hordes.

Hydra came with a collection of wild cats that I mistakenly fed. :lol: Literally on the second morning there was 6 cats outside which angered Mrs P.

Cheap boat rides to isolated beaches is better than going down to the local beach which are full of French. Menu in French in one restaurant which I nearly walked out of immediately in protest.

Kamini-hydra-restaurant1.jpg?imwidth=140

Edited by Park Life

• 2 weeks later...

Glad I didn't lead you astray in the end. :lol: 

Happened to be in your neck of the woods last weekend and had a lovely steak in a quite unexpected location.

Very average carvery looking sort of place in Monasterboice and the steak really stood out.  You'll probably know the one I'm on about or I'll find it on the map.

Edited by adios

• Meenzer changed the title to Holidays 2024