Holidays 2024

McFaul

I can recommend the Travelodge at the Knutsford services on the M6. Widely regarded as the Gateway to the Lake District, and you can support the local economy by having dinner at the Burger King, the Greggs or both.

• Like 3

South Lakeland District is a council area though. It includes some of the Yorkshire Dales. Are they part of the Lake District too then? Kendal is near the lakes but not within it. VisitCumbria states as much if you’d like to check. It appears your frantic googling has once again failed to hide your lack of knowledge, CT. Quit while you’re behind 

1 minute ago, Alex said:

South Lakeland District is a council area though. It includes some of the Yorkshire Dales. Are they part of the Lake District too then? Kendal is near the lakes but not within it. VisitCumbria states as much if you’d like to check. It appears your frantic googling has once again failed to hide your lack of knowledge, CT. Quit while you’re behind 

My last google. Some of Kendal golf course is IN THE NATIONAL FUCKING PARK.

14 hours ago, Meenzer said:

I can recommend the Travelodge at the Knutsford services on the M6. Widely regarded as the Gateway to the Lake District, and you can support the local economy by having dinner at the Burger King, the Greggs or both.

Ace thanks - booked for a week next august.

love the fact that the first time I get off my arse and post results in a CT pile on.

this place has entertained me for fuckin years.

• Like 4

I once had a six hour stop over there in the middle of the night. The WC third place play off was on but there wasn't even standing room in the bar so I spent most of it sat in Burger King.

It was a bit of a come down seeing as the first leg of my journey was in business class. From that point on I decided never to turn right when getting on a plane.

TBF I've had had two long haul trips since then and only went BC on one of them, which was absolutely worth it. There's no way I'll be paying for my kid to fly BC so I may not be doing it again for a while.

i can usually live with the couple of hundred quid upgrade to premium economy for the extra legroom. all the extra legroom seats in cattle class are next to the toilets :puke:

only ever flown business when work paid. it's lush, but can't justify the expense as a family of four. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Meenzer changed the title to Holidays 2024