Holidays 2024

McFaul

Just now, ewerk said:

This the start of the big move? 

Good luck with it.

Cheers, slightly bittersweet as Mrs A’s visa was held up so I’m flying solo and she’s coming out in six weeks. Bit weird to do this without her but I start work on the 3rd so I couldn’t delay

36 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Cheers, slightly bittersweet as Mrs A’s visa was held up so I’m flying solo and she’s coming out in six weeks. Bit weird to do this without her but I start work on the 3rd so I couldn’t delay

Never mind, plenty wanking opportunity, Andrew. ;)

(Good luck!)

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Good luck Andrew :good: I’ll give you six months before me and the missus come over, sofa bed is fine mate, no dramas..

Terrible timing! Summer will be over by then

Olu Deniz second visit in the last two years. Amazing resort, whenever I chat to people about trips away, nobody knows of of it.

Has some awesome places to eat, loads to do and fab hotels dotted around all over. 

I think now, We have decided it's our new favourite go to destination,  doesn't have the madness of marmaris, more relaxed but loads of fun to find if you want it, don't know if you guys have been or know of it, has one of the top beaches in Europe and the images online don't lie, what you see is what you get, a stunning 5* blue flag turquoise water beach with immense views.

Go people, sorry for the review, I'm in love with the place. 👍🏼😁

3 hours ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Your lass sorted somewhere to stay whilst she waits for her visa then Andrew? If not I'm available with a spare room, a sympathetic ear and a month's worth of Kamagra if she needs a shoulder to cry on?

FYP

;)

Edited by Howmanheyman
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Your lass sorted somewhere to stay whilst she waits for her visa then Andrew?

Staying at our house in the UK, we’re renting to a friend while we’re away so they’re sharing for a few more weeks

On 21/08/2018 at 16:44, Monkeys Fist said:

There’s also the possibility that she might want to cook for everyone - Old Dears are weird like that :D

As Renton says, the restaurants are perfectly passsble but nowt special- I’d have a look at some of the hotels, the two he mentions ( The Lodore and The Borrowdale), also try the Mary Mount. 

I spent my wedding night at the Borrowdale, and it was very good, classic Cordon Bleu cooking. 

Went back for our 10th anniversary and it was exactly the same :D  

Nice one mate, went for the Mary Mount I’m the end 

• Like 1

Just got back from a week in Malcesine, lake Garda. It was my third trip to Garda but the other two were at the flatter southern end. This place was amazing. To wake up every day in the heat and opposite you are huge cliffs and mountains, some with snow still on, was amazing. The town itself is fantastic, full of interesting streets and alley ways with great places to eat and drink. Got the boat to Limone across the lake. This place looks like a set from Lord of the Rings, hewn out of cliff which tower above it for thousands of feet. Might go there next time. 

Think I will make Italy my holiday destination of choice for the next few years, and bin Spain, which doesn't match it imho. It must be the most beautiful country in the world, without exception. So many amazing places and superb food and drink. I like Italians too. Also noticed EU flags everywhere and about half the companies are prefixed with "Euro". They are entirely comfortable with being European and Italian. I still just don't understand why they don't want to be part of this project. For the most part, the UK is an unwelcoming shit hole compared to Italy. 

• Like 1

Italy is a nice place to visit but I think it's a bit fur coat and no knickers - nice scenery and architecture hides quite extreme poverty which is on a par with if not worse than the UK. 

1 hour ago, Renton said:

Just got back from a week in Malcesine, lake Garda. It was my third trip to Garda but the other two were at the flatter southern end. This place was amazing. To wake up every day in the heat and opposite you are huge cliffs and mountains, some with snow still on, was amazing. The town itself is fantastic, full of interesting streets and alley ways with great places to eat and drink. Got the boat to Limone across the lake. This place looks like a set from Lord of the Rings, hewn out of cliff which tower above it for thousands of feet. Might go there next time. 

Think I will make Italy my holiday destination of choice for the next few years, and bin Spain, which doesn't match it imho. It must be the most beautiful country in the world, without exception. So many amazing places and superb food and drink. I like Italians too. Also noticed EU flags everywhere and about half the companies are prefixed with "Euro". They are entirely comfortable with being European and Italian. I still just don't understand why they don't want to be part of this project. For the most part, the UK is an unwelcoming shit hole compared to Italy. 

Aye I did a week in Umbria last year and 2 weeks this year. It's a beautiful country. The fanny is next level too.

2 hours ago, NJS said:

Italy is a nice place to visit but I think it's a bit fur coat and no knickers - nice scenery and architecture hides quite extreme poverty which is on a par with if not worse than the UK. 

That doesn't really detract from its beauty and heritage though. Admittedly I have never been south of Rome so can't vouch for the extremes of poverty in the Naples area but the North strikes me as very prosperous. I know the official stats say that UK regions account for for 9/10 of the poorest areas in Northern Europe. The richest? London/SE. Can't get much more extreme than that.

I guess if wealth distribution was a criteria for holiday destination or emigration for that matter, we'd have to avoid the USA, China, Middle East, Central and South America, and virtually all of the third world. Maybe just go for holidays in Holland and Scandinavia. :D

Not as glamorous but I’m in the lakes. Got fucking steaming last night before/during and after our tea. Was rough this morning, been on a boat loads so that made me feel a lot better...

Going grasmere and Ambleside tomorrow for more food and drink

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Renton said:

That doesn't really detract from its beauty and heritage though. Admittedly I have never been south of Rome so can't vouch for the extremes of poverty in the Naples area but the North strikes me as very prosperous. I know the official stats say that UK regions account for for 9/10 of the poorest areas in Northern Europe. The richest? London/SE. Can't get much more extreme than that.

I guess if wealth distribution was a criteria for holiday destination or emigration for that matter, we'd have to avoid the USA, China, Middle East, Central and South America, and virtually all of the third world. Maybe just go for holidays in Holland and Scandinavia. :D

I think I was just struck by your comment that the UK is a shit hole in comparison - I'm no patriot but was just pointing out that Italy isn't the paradise you implied.  Of course no fucker goes to Sunderland or Stoke for a holiday either. 

I haven't been south of Rome as it happens and was just basing my view on the cities Ive been to plus Pisa and Lucca. 

• Meenzer changed the title to Holidays 2024