Holidays 2024

McFaul

21 hours ago, Renton said:

Not really holidays as such but anyway. Think CT had a thread like this but he's a cunt. 

A few days ago I wrote on here that the UK is a shit hole.  Written in a bit of anger in comparison with Italy and our ridiculously damaging BREXIT plan, and the utter cunts of our politicians. Anyhow, I accept that many place in Europe, in fact every country in the world, has shit hole places in it. I also accept that in fact the UK has probably the most spectacular and diverse heritage and natural beauty for such a small area. 

This summer, my mother in law bought a static caravan in Berwick and I got some English Heritage season tickets for the family. I have only spent 1 weekend at home in the last 2 months, and seen shit loads on Northumberland and borders Scotland. Some of the places I've visited were awsomel in their loveliness.,

Belsay Hall - lovely place, beautiful gardens, hall, and castle. Not busy either.

Lake District - obvious, but nowhere on Earth so beautiful and accessible.

St Abbs, just north of the border - absolutely loved this place. Can walk to Coldingham beach which is also lovely.

Berwick is canny enough.

Tynemouth priory is EH.

As is Warkworth. 

Edinburgh, for the first time since I was a bairn went to the castle (1/2 price EH). Majorly impressed, despite the tourists, immense sense of history.

And today, shamefully, my first trip to Craster and Dunstanburgh castle. Magnificent. What a setting for an ancient castle and lovely kippers. 

Summers gone but fucking hell, what a lovely place we live in. Might even get to Newcastle one day. 

North Yorkshire filled to the brim with great estates / days out too.

12 hours ago, Alex said:

Dave was hoping they'd be more like Freddie the Dolphin

They didn't even hang around long enough to let me stick my dick in their blowholes.

4 hours ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

Not annoyed at you, it’s the owners who call them yurts. Glampiing in a campervan sounds well cool.

In April when you can still get frosts anywhere in the UK and you’ll be trying to sleep in a giant empty tin can on wheels. Yep. That’s the dictionary definition of cool right there  ;) 

• Haha 1

:D

I very nearly shagged a French lass and myself over the edge of a cliff once. 

We were getting amongst it in one of those little round caravans, which had been set up without the stabilisers being out in place. 

I stepped out in the morning and the wheels were about 6 inches away from the edge. 

Totally worth it mind- filthy :D

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

:D

I very nearly shagged a French lass and myself over the edge of a cliff once. 

We were getting amongst it in one of those little round caravans, which had been set up without the stabilisers being out in place. 

I stepped out in the morning and the wheels were about 6 inches away from the edge. 

Totally worth it mind- filthy :D

:lol:

"He died doing what he loved" on the headstone if you had gone over.

4 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Just keep warm by having some good old-fashioned hanky panky. Rumpy pumpy, if you will. Generic bucking, whatever you like

plan 

Bloke I work with has just come back from 3 months paternity leave where him and his wife took a 6 month old and a 3 year old all around Europe in a vw camper. He's says it was great but I think he's fucking mental like. 

9 hours ago, NJS said:

Bloke I work with has just come back from 3 months paternity leave where him and his wife took a 6 month old and a 3 year old all around Europe in a vw camper. He's says it was great but I think he's fucking mental like. 

It would have been if he didn’t have the kids with him 

• 1 month later...

I've booked to go skiing again in Courchevel in Feb, one of the lasses who's meant to be coming is under the spell of a conman boyfriend now though so is looking a flight risk and my mate had two strokes a couple of weeks after we booked. So all going swimmingly 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

I've booked to go skiing again in Courchevel in Feb, one of the lasses who's meant to be coming is under the spell of a conman boyfriend now though so is looking a flight risk and my mate had two strokes a couple of weeks after we booked. So all going swimmingly 

Two strokes?!

3 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Two strokes?!

Aye, he's only 30 as well and had all sorts wrong with him. Multiple knee ligaments ops, blood clot on the lung, and now this. He's just getting back to work this week, its left him with a blind spot like. He's doing good all things considered

Oh aye and when he woke up unable to see after his first one, some cunt in Darlo a&e sent him home told him to double his blood pressure medication that he'd only just gone on. I googled his symptoms and the first thing that came up was stroke but a health professional missed it 

• 1 month later...
  • Meenzer changed the title to Holidays 2024