Holidays 2024

McFaul

• Meenzer changed the title to Holidays 2022
  • 3 weeks later...

Has anyone been to Burlington Vermont?

We are going to Boston in September and was thinking about hiring a car and driving up there as I have always wanted to go to Vermont in the fall and wondered if it was worth going up there.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just booked a few nights on the North Wales coast for the end of April, because I'm just that glamorous.

episode 14 GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

Hoping the weather will be good enough for an assault on Snowdon, but secretly also looking forward to the seaside town delights of Llandudno and co. :wub:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Meenzer said:

I've just booked a few nights on the North Wales coast for the end of April, because I'm just that glamorous.

episode 14 GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

Hoping the weather will be good enough for an assault on Snowdon, but secretly also looking forward to the seaside town delights of Llandudno and co. :wub:

We go down there quite regularly, it’s gorgeous if the weather is decent. 

Would recommend a drive to Port Merion if you have a car, it’s about an hours drive and a all a bit batshit but in a good way

17 hours ago, strawb said:

We go down there quite regularly, it’s gorgeous if the weather is decent. 

Would recommend a drive to Port Merion if you have a car, it’s about an hours drive and a all a bit batshit but in a good way

Definitely, and depending on the weather and if you fancy another 30 minutes on top, I'd recommend Abersoch too.

I'm doing this one on public transport but the trains and buses around the area are really quite decent (and clearly massively subsidised), so Porthmadog/Portmeirion definitely aren't out of the question. Abersoch will be a stretch too far this time, but that whole peninsula looks pretty beautiful in photos so I suppose I'll just have to go back again some time. :good:  The hardship, the hardship...

• Meenzer changed the title to Holidays 2024