Holidays 2024

McFaul

Narrowed it down to the Costa del Sol or Lanzarote for the multinational Eurovision week flamer-fest. There have been spreadsheets.

Looks like Lanzarote has got the 'douze points'. Playa Blanca, haven't been down that end of the island before but it looks canny enough.

I was there about 7 or 8 year ago. Was with the ex missus so see above how much I enjoyed it!

Quite a nice place though, particularly Valleta.

:lol:

We fancy somehwere new thats all.

We went to Santa Eulalia a few years back and really enjoyed it so somwhere similar would be nice. We enjoyed the harbour with the cafe & bars around where we could have a coffee and chill out.

Looks like Lanzarote has got the 'douze points'. Playa Blanca, haven't been down that end of the island before but it looks canny enough.

I went to playa blanca with the ex. Despite that I thought it was really nice. Went to Costa teguise and Puerto del Carmen too before that and I preferred playa blanca. The marina was nice.

:lol:

We fancy somehwere new thats all.

We went to Santa Eulalia a few years back and really enjoyed it so somwhere similar would be nice. We enjoyed the harbour with the cafe & bars around where we could have a coffee and chill out.

Got no idea what that's like so I can't compare. Valleta is a really old walled city. Only went for a day but it seemed to have plenty of bars and cafes as well as a few interesting sites.

Had a day in St Julian's too which seemed canny. Didn't go on a night when it's the magaluf of Malta.

Think it was St Pauls Bay where we went which was pretty touristy but without a great deal there.

Paphos is actually by far the nicest holiday resort in Cyprus, anyone going to Ayia Napa, should just go to Magaluf it's cheaper.

We're stopping in Peyia, near coral bay, it's not too far from paphos. Trouble is they've fucked about with flight times from Newcastle so having a longer drive there from larnaca airport instead to get there at a decent time. It'll put an hour on the trip.

Got no idea what that's like so I can't compare. Valleta is a really old walled city. Only went for a day but it seemed to have plenty of bars and cafes as well as a few interesting sites.

Had a day in St Julian's too which seemed canny. Didn't go on a night when it's the magaluf of Malta.

Think it was St Pauls Bay where we went which was pretty touristy but without a great deal there.

We have looked at St Julian and it looks nice.

Only issue is, it only seems Ryan Air are the only people who fly there from LBA :(

We have looked at St Julian and it looks nice.

Only issue is, it only seems Ryan Air are the only people who fly there from LBA :(

I would say it was the biggest resort so had the most there. When I said Magaluf that was unfair really. It's the busiest nightlife area but it looked of a much better class than Magaluf or Benidorm. If you go, I'd definitely make the effort to go to Valleta. We just got the bus and from what I remember it was dirt cheap and didn't take long.

I went to playa blanca with the ex. Despite that I thought it was really nice. Went to Costa teguise and Puerto del Carmen too before that and I preferred playa blanca. The marina was nice.

It looks a bit nicer than those other two, aye, though I do quite like the deserted film set vibe in Costa Teguise.

Unfortunately in the meantime we've discovered that the map on the page for the villa we were going to book was completely wrong and the place is actually way out on the other side of town and half an hour's walk from any shops, so it's back to the spreadsheet we go. :lol:

I would say it was the biggest resort so had the most there. When I said Magaluf that was unfair really. It's the busiest nightlife area but it looked of a much better class than Magaluf or Benidorm. If you go, I'd definitely make the effort to go to Valleta. We just got the bus and from what I remember it was dirt cheap and didn't take long.

Aye it said there is a bus and it takes about 20mins.

Cheers anyways its definatley looking like we are off their this year :)

Where's she taking you?

They're on about Zante again but I'm not receptive. They're basically StraightEdgeWizards, out for tea then back to the room. I'll probably have one last Ibiza binge whilst I'm still in my 20s to compensate for the boringness last year. She gets a fucking huge discount though so it's difficult to turn down going with them when I'm targeting being debt free. I can go to Zante in the first week of August, basically the top of peak season for less than that rank pea coat cost. But I'm aware of the stigma :finger:

Got a weekend in Hamburg at the beginning of March but not sure where to consider for later in the year.

Hamburg is lively. Highly recommend trying to get tickets to watch St Pauli

Anyone been to Malta?

Went to Malta in October. Enjoyed it - we hired a car which is a double edged sword. It made accessing the island much easier, but no one on Malta can drive to save their lives. Keep that in mind.

Highlight was hiring a boat to go out past a couple of the smaller satellite islands in the northern end. Would thoroughly recommend even if you're not used to boats. Very low risk/stress (make sure you know what you're doing with the anchor though as I had to dive in once to secure it before we drifted into a swimming area). That allowed us to get out to one of the lagoons and snorkel which was awesome. I think it cost about 200Euros for 4 of us which was worth it by a long shot.

Unfortunately in the meantime we've discovered that the map on the page for the villa we were going to book was completely wrong and the place is actually way out on the other side of town and half an hour's walk from any shops, so it's back to the spreadsheet we go. :lol:

Second-choice villa has issues with us and isn't making it entirely clear whether it's because we're all guys, all gays or both. This is going well, then. :pullhair::lol:

Second-choice villa has issues with us and isn't making it entirely clear whether it's because we're all guys, all gays or both. This is going well, then. :pullhair::lol:

They don't want to upset the neighbours with your musical choices is all.

• Meenzer changed the title to Holidays 2024