Holidays 2024

McFaul

Can’t understand anyone going to Centreparcs with all the self catering options in better places on offer now through booking.com, Airbnb, etc. The price to go and what you pay when you’re there amounts to a very hefty surcharge for people with no imagination. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Renton said:

Fucking insane. They're open every day normally including Christmas day, although (cos Brexit) you don't get any cleaners/maids during your stay any more. Presumably people will need to leave on Sunday 18th so as not to disrespect the Queen? So 2 days lost if a long stay, 1 night if a short weekend stay? I mean, JUST. GET . FUCKED.

On a brighter note it's been confirmed I'm getting Monday off. Gawd Bless You Liz. 

Didn't even realise we'd missed out on that. Did notice a huge number of Slavic-types milling about in blue tabards with cleaning supplies as we were leaving the park,  just assumed they were the next group of guests...

• Haha 1

Just now, The Fish said:

Didn't even realise we'd missed out on that. Did notice a huge number of Slavic-types milling about in blue tabards with cleaning supplies as we were leaving the park,  just assumed they were the next group of guests...

Used to come in, make the beds, clean the kitchen, even do the dishes, every day. I'm not that keen on that level of fuss tbh. 

6 minutes ago, Alex said:

Can’t understand anyone going to Centreparcs with all the self catering options in better places on offer now through booking.com, Airbnb, etc. The price to go and what you pay when you’re there amounts to a very hefty surcharge for people with no imagination. 

I totally agree. I'm sure I could have found a nice house, walking distance from the beach, or some kind of Outdoor Activity Park TM and not far from good restaurants. But NOOOOoooOOoOoooo "It's all in one place" says Mrs Fish, like that's a good thing. You know what else is all in one place? The Projects.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Renton said:

Used to come in, make the beds, clean the kitchen, even do the dishes, every day. I'm not that keen on that level of fuss tbh. 

I insist on it.

I was looking at doing Dodd, Carl Side, Long Side and Ullock Pike on Monday from the Dodd Wood car park. I can see it being closed with the entrance chained up though the way things are going. As going for a nice walk is obviously massively disrespectful 

• Jaysus... 1

1 minute ago, The Fish said:

I totally agree. I'm sure I could have found a nice house, walking distance from the beach, or some kind of Outdoor Activity Park TM and not far from good restaurants. But NOOOOoooOOoOoooo "It's all in one place" says Mrs Fish, like that's a good thing. You know what else is all in one place? The Projects.

If your lass wanted to go then I can understand it as you have to pick your battles ;) 

• 2 weeks later...

Liz Truss must run aer lingus the useless cunt. 

Flight from Manc To Dublin today delayed 3 times. I called their desk to ask about our connecting flight to Boston. 'yes we will be delaying connecting flight' 

Got to front of queue to board 'oh no you're being put on the flight tomorrow' 

Cunts cunts cunts 

We're in a hotel tonight and the restaurant gives us a special menu. I.e a dog shit small one. Fuck that the potato shagging bastards are paying for my fucking steak and booze tonight. 

Full. On. Fewm

18 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Flight from Manc To Dublin today delayed 3 times. I called their desk to ask about our connecting flight to Boston. 'yes we will be delaying connecting flight' 

Cunts cunts cunts 

We're in a hotel tonight and the restaurant gives us a special menu. I.e a dog shit small one. Fuck that the potato shagging bastards are paying for my fucking steak and booze tonight. 

Full. On. Fewm

Aer Lingus Pilot - “ Sure, this runway seems terribly short, Patrick?”

Aer Lingus Co-Pilot “ It does, so it does Ruaridh , but have ye seen how wide the fecker is?” 

• Haha 8

25 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Cunts cunts cunts 

Full. On. Fewm

That’s what you get for being a tight Yorkshire cunt and not paying for a direct flight. I’ll have a word with the boys and make sure you’re put just behind a crying baby on tomorrow’s flight. :good:

• Haha 4

24 minutes ago, ewerk said:

That’s what you get for being a tight Yorkshire cunt and not paying for a direct flight. I’ll have a word with the boys and make sure you’re put just behind a crying baby on tomorrow’s flight. :good:

Last few times they've been outstanding tbf. Also tbf the staff helping the small number in hotel etc have been great. Just a pain in the arse having the faff of passport and security all again tomorrow. 

I used Aer Lingus on my first long haul flight to New York years ago in 1992. Could smoke in the rear compartment in those days. The plane landed in Shannon for immigration iirc. Anyway, it was a fucking ramshackle 747 that looked like it was going to fall to bits.

On the return flight whilst taxiing for take off at Shannon the rear door exploded just behind me and there was an emergency evacuation. Had a T shirt on and ripped my arm with friction burns. Was told by air accident investigators afterwards that had that happened in midair (I.e. 10 minutes later) anyone in the vicinity not buckled up would have been sucked out. Nobody buckled up in those days. 

Been scared of flying ever since because of the oirish bastards. I reckon they owe me thousands for psychological trauma! 

Happy flight wykikitoon!

[I'm assuming they've upgraded their planes]

• Haha 8

9 hours ago, Renton said:

I used Aer Lingus on my first long haul flight to New York years ago in 1992. Could smoke in the rear compartment in those days. The plane landed in Shannon for immigration iirc. Anyway, it was a fucking ramshackle 747 that looked like it was going to fall to bits.

On the return flight whilst taxiing for take off at Shannon the rear door exploded just behind me and there was an emergency evacuation. Had a T shirt on and ripped my arm with friction burns. Was told by air accident investigators afterwards that had that happened in midair (I.e. 10 minutes later) anyone in the vicinity not buckled up would have been sucked out. Nobody buckled up in those days. 

Been scared of flying ever since because of the oirish bastards. I reckon they owe me thousands for psychological trauma! 

Happy flight wykikitoon!

[I'm assuming they've upgraded their planes]

Holy shit! I'm now bricking it 😂

10 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Holy shit! I'm now bricking it 😂

As a former frequent flyer and therefore bored with the whole experience, I used to fucking LOVE getting a nervous flyer sat beside me. (And believe me some were genuinely terrified) I would dispense endless comforting words about flying "all the time" to put them at their ease, all the while waiting for an opportunity and a noise to exclaim "what was that!!"

• Haha 7

About 20 years ago I went through a spell of going to the matches with a lad who was/is a BA engineer including a trip to the US for an NUFC pre-season tour (DC United /Columbus Crew 2000) and he had a lot of very scary stories about plane failures etc as they got the reports from all incidents worldwide. 

He reckoned nearly all were poor maintenance which is why he never flew anything but BA. 

I was coming through Alicante airport at the weekend and commented to the wife how many Old Firm twats seem to feel it necessary to wear their club shirts when flying. I was a bit surprised to see a family in front of me with father and son in their Rangers jerseys in the EU queue for passport control and assumed they were in the wrong lane until the mother pulled out a handful of Irish passports. I guess loyalty to our new king only goes so far.

Edited by ewerk
  • Jaysus... 1

12 hours ago, ewerk said:

I was coming through Alicante airport at the weekend and commented to the wife how many Old Firm twats seem to feel it necessary to wear their club shirts when flying. I was a bit surprised to see a family in front of me with father and son in their Rangers jerseys in the EU queue for passport control and assumed they were in the wrong lane until the mother pulled out a handful of Irish passports. I guess loyalty to our new king only goes so far.

In manc airport it was Liverpool, Leeds or Hull KR Rugby fans. I don't get it. 

• Meenzer changed the title to Holidays 2024