Holidays 2024

McFaul

4 minutes ago, Renton said:

Crivvens, Jings, Help m'Boab etc.

Hope the rest of your hols pan out more smoothly. 

Supposed to be seeing Tears for fears and Alison Moyet double header at Floors Castle Kelso on Friday night…that now “appears to be in jeopardy” as the saying goes…

5 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Supposed to be seeing Tears for fears and Alison Moyet double header at Floors Castle Kelso on Friday night…that now “appears to be in jeopardy” as the saying goes…

Shout, Shout, let it all out.  These are the gigs you can do without.  

• Haha 4

On 21/03/2020 at 13:00, Meenzer said:

I'm assuming a weekend I've booked on the Dutch coast in mid-July is in trouble now too, but the airbnb is refundable and the travel can be rebooked for free so it could be worse.

Finally did this trip last weekend, at the fourth time of asking. :lol:  Felt like a free hit given the travel and accommodation were paid for in early 2020, which isn't a bad thing considering the Dutch coast isn't the cheapest of places (especially now), but the cycling was good, the beaches are lush and the weather was spot on - plenty of direct sunshine but never got properly above 20 degrees, which suits me fine. :D 

Some decent sunsets too...

3KMjCY.jpg

• Like 7

Taken my GF and my mam to a house (villa?) in Limoge in France for a week. My mam especially needed a break after everything that’s gone on.

I’ve only ever been to Paris before and this is a completely different world compared to that shit hole. Relaxing AF, food is good and cheap, wine is pennies. The people are even friendly.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, strawb said:

Taken my GF and my mam to a house (villa?) in Limoge in France for a week. My mam especially needed a break after everything that’s gone on.

I’ve only ever been to Paris before and this is a completely different world compared to that shit hole. Relaxing AF, food is good and cheap, wine is pennies. The people are even friendly.

I take it you’re staying in Limousin? I.e. the region that has Limoges as the capital? We went there years back as we had some flight vouchers and Flybe flew there from Newcastle. Loved it and had a very relaxing time. We went to the Dordogne for the day as the roads are so good and quiet I would recommend it. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Alex said:

I take it you’re staying in Limousin? I.e. the region that has Limoges as the capital? We went there years back as we had some flight vouchers and Flybe flew there from Newcastle. Loved it and had a very relaxing time. We went to the Dordogne for the day as the roads are so good and quiet I would recommend it. 

Yeah we are in Limousin, about 45 minutes from Limoges airport. 

We haven’t left the house for three days tbh, but I have rented a car so we have some day trips planned. Thanks for the tip mate.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, strawb said:

Yeah we are in Limousin, about 45 minutes from Limoges airport. 

We haven’t left the house for three days tbh, but I have rented a car so we have some day trips planned. Thanks for the tip mate.

This is worth a visit: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oradour-sur-Glane

Obviously it’s not exactly a fun day out like. But a pretty poignant monument all the same 

Is Limoges airport still absolutely tiny by the way? It felt like, apart from some people with small planes and maybe some freight, we were the only flight that day. 

19 minutes ago, Alex said:

Is Limoges airport still absolutely tiny by the way? It felt like, apart from some people with small planes and maybe some freight, we were the only flight that day. 

Yeah. As far as I can tell there is one flight in and one out per day

• Like 1

Festival-style sound system currently in position on College Green belting out 'Bye Bye Baby' by the Bay City Rollers :lol:

• Haha 2

On 06/07/2022 at 00:09, trophyshy said:

Shout, Shout, let it all out.  These are the gigs you can do without.  

No, it’s been decreed that we’re still going :D this after her phoning and telling work she’ll be off for at least next week :lol:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

• 1 month later...

So, now in Cala D'Or with the horrors of last night in Wallsend and Howdon behind me. And it is absolutely pissing down. :lol:

Forecast for the rest of the week is spot on though and quite proud I got through the flight without wanting a drink, despite my anxiety about flying. 

A couple of Brexit bonuses, had to show proof of booster jab to get in of course my NHS app refused to work, causing me a bit of panic. Fortunately searched through my wallet and found a card confirming Id had the booster and they were okay with that. Second one was I am honoured to pay twice the tourist tax our EU cousins pay as I'm from a third country. First thing the hotel do is bill you for that before you've even checked in, 80 fucking euros. Oh aye, and potentially roaming charges. Thanks CT. 

:CT:

• Meenzer changed the title to Holidays 2024