Holidays 2024

McFaul

8 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I’m on a nice weekend break in Dublin with a friend from uni who I haven’t seen in about seven years. We sit down and the first thing he mentions is that he has been arrested twice in the last three years for threatening to kill Boris Johnson and other public figures. He reckons 9/11 was done by the British, he knows who killed Princess Diana and has various other theories.

I’m sharing a room with him until Sunday and I’m a bit scared at this point.

Say hello to Wolfy from us. 

• Haha 4

17 minutes ago, NJS said:

The 9/11 is a new one and a bit out there like. 

It would’ve been 11/9 for a start, if ewerk’s mate was onto anything. 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, NJS said:

The 9/11 is a new one and a bit out there like. 

He’s offering to email me the evidence. I’m not biting.

Apparently ‘The system’ is why he was never convicted and is preventing him from getting w decent job in London.

He’s passed out and snoring now. If it weren’t for the fact I’ve had so many pints I’d be driving home right now.

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, ewerk said:

Everything is fine. I am being treated well. Please do not alert the authorities.

sounds like Stockholm Syndrome is kicking in.

• Haha 1

sf.thumb.jpg.ffdef1f344632e364cc4d06b381b0266.jpg.8184608a18a88186281881cbc9bf245a.jpg

"What a fucking lunatic he's turned into! Here was me looking forward to a grand old time of it with an old friend hoping for a bit of yer brokeback mountain fun and games away from the missus and this boy goes all Q-anon on me. Let me tell you, he's ruined my weekend, so he has."

• Haha 3

On 21/10/2022 at 18:37, ewerk said:

Not much fucking help to me right now, thanks very much. Apparently it’s all controlled by ‘The System’. Whatever the fuck that is.

system of a down armenia GIF

13 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Anyone been to Santorini?  Looking at Greece for next year and this place looks beautiful

My lass's cousin went. Says its beautiful but she wouldn't go back cos it is permanently fucking RAMMED. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

Anyone been to Santorini?  Looking at Greece for next year and this place looks beautiful

When you going? The wife wants to go next year so ideally I’d like to arrange it around when you’re not there.

• Haha 5

As much as the white houses look pretty and that, it looks like a barren place tbh. ( not surprisingly, given its history). 

I’d say there’s better places in Greece to spend a fortnight in, and then have an overnighter on Santorini to keep Mrs W happy. 

(I’m available for more holiday-based marriage counselling at a very competitive rate. )

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

Firstly, I haven’t been for a good few years. It’s absolutely gorgeous but generally really expensive in terms of eating out and accommodation. Although I assume you can still do it in a budget if you aren’t staying somewhere with a ‘caldera view’. If you stay in the other side from there the beaches have black sand due the island’s volcanic history. Oia (pronounced Ee-ah) is where you’ve seen about 1,000 photos before of the blue domed churches etc at sunset. But that’s crazy in terms of prices. One of the the good things about the island is it’s so small you can explore all the bits very easily if you hire a car or a quad. There’s also the famous red beach, used in lots of fashion magazine shoots. The island also has about ten vineyards and the remains of the old Minoan settlement destroyed by the eruption that shaped the island as it is now. I’ll see if I can find some photos 

Edited by Alex

10 hours ago, Gemmill said:

My lass's cousin went. Says its beautiful but she wouldn't go back cos it is permanently fucking RAMMED. 

There’s about 4 cruise ships per day that go there in the summer 

• Meenzer changed the title to Holidays 2024