Holidays 2024

McFaul

3 hours ago, The Fish said:

Half tanked, with a shower room and an office down there and everything. 

Office has phone line, muliple outlets, bespoke shelving and all that good shit. But it's been out of commission since we moved in because the Mrs inherited a coffee table made from massive fuck off reclaimed railway sleepers and a massive fuck off pane of glass. It doesn't fit comfortably in any of our rooms. It needs a team of 4 big boys (who probably know about blobbing and have calluses) to get it out of there. 

So, we can never use it in this house, and we couldn't sell it online without a team of sherpas to shift it, but can I take it apart with a handsaw and hammer? NoOOOOOooOOoOOoooo

wimmin, amirite?

With our backs? It would never pass the risk assessment and you couldn't afford the claim we'd later put in even if it did. :good:

• Haha 2

On 03/04/2023 at 15:14, Alex said:

@Dr Gloom Townend, near Troutbeck is just near where you’re staying and worth a visit for a curiosity. You’ll need to book though. Troutbeck itself is a pretty village and seems like a million miles away from the more hectic Ambleside and Windermere. It’s got a couple of good pubs too. The Mortal Man (great name for a pub) is a bit more down to earth and has a great beer garden. Get yourself to The Queen’s Head for more of a gastro pub experience. Don’t do what wor lass’s dad did when they were staying with us in Troutbeck though. He used the sat nav coming back from Coniston and ended up at the Troutbeck 30 miles away near Keswick :lol: 

Followed your advice and you are spot on about the views from the garden. Then headed to the other one but had picky children in tow so hopefully me and the wife will get back up tomorrow for some scran. The menu looked bloody lovely. I was going to have duck and damson sausages :( 

DB217265-690F-4DCD-99F0-5EA3C756E636.jpeg

• Like 1

On 11/04/2023 at 11:47, wykikitoon said:

You're not wrong. A few from this weekend.

G0101307_1680875840904.jpg

G0271474_1680965035635.jpg

G0261465_1680965052014.jpg

First one Orrest Head and last two on the Old Man of Coniston? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

@alex where am I?

4D925CB4-F8CC-4C2C-BF63-9E675DD839E4.jpeg

Bit of a guess. Looking at Windermere. Facing south east, southern side of Loughrigg? 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

you’re good :lol: 

It looked like Windermere (Coniston has a very similar shape) but the heights of the fells gave it away a bit. As they fall away to the south compared to the northern / Ambleside end of the lake. I’ve done Loughrigg from the Rydal Water side. I didn’t recognise the exact spot but knew the view-ish 

3 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Right, I took this 15 years ago. This should be easy for you.

Photo0065.jpg

Fairfield Horseshoe? Near the summit of Fairfield. There’s actually loads of the lakes I’ve barely explored. Western and North Western Fells especially 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Alex said:

Fairfield Horseshoe? Near the summit of Fairfield. There’s actually loads of the lakes I’ve barely explored. Western and North Western Fells especially 

WOW! You are Human.

That's the top of High Street.

12 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

WOW! You are Human.

That's the top of High Street.

Is that Windermere in the distance then? I’ve done the Kentmere Horseshoe but missed out High Street as it was late February so we’d have ran out of daylight. I’ve been up there since but it was just ticking it off really as you could see about 20 metres in front of you. The track that follows that ridge follows the route of a Roman road (hence ‘High Street’) 

14 minutes ago, Alex said:

Is that Windermere in the distance then? I’ve done the Kentmere Horseshoe but missed out High Street as it was late February so we’d have ran out of daylight. I’ve been up there since but it was just ticking it off really as you could see about 20 metres in front of you. The track that follows that ridge follows the route of a Roman road (hence ‘High Street’) 

Aye so you got the lake right.

We did a MTB ride up High Street from Ings.  A 100km day in June. Was a brute but superb.  The Kentmere Horseshoe is a beaut

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

In Edinburger Airport now, heading to the old Munich for a week. There’s a Wetherspoons in here and I’ve just paid £6.60 for a bottle of Asahi. The games gone.

Anyway, expect more Bavarian lager fuelled nonsense in the week ahead.

I am so fucking jealous about this. A week on the lash in Bavaria sounds about as good as it gets when you're young.  The only consolation is that you might well be jealous of me come next week when you get back, for a day or two at least. 

Edited by Renton
  • Haha 1

It’s 4am, all is quiet in the Gasthof von Pisskopf am München. 

Suddenly, in room 101, a sleeping body stirs, the gentle, imperceptible voice of the beer calling him irresistibly to the lobby.  
1643387682190?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=2JrP

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

It’s 4am, all is quiet in the Gasthof von Pisskopf am München. 

Suddenly, in room 101, a sleeping body stirs, the gentle, imperceptible voice of the beer calling him irresistibly to the lobby.  
1643387682190?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=2JrP

That'll be the bog irresistibly calling him at that time, trying not to wake their lass up as he knocks over things in his way as he staggers in the dark unfamiliar surroundings half asleep and still pissed to empty his bloated bladder and drink some water from the tap as his tongue flaps in his dry mouth like Gandhi's flip flops before he staggers back to his pit.

• Haha 3

• Meenzer changed the title to Holidays 2024