Holidays 2024

McFaul

8 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

It’s 4am, all is quiet in the Gasthof von Pisskopf am München. 

Suddenly, in room 101, a sleeping body stirs, the gentle, imperceptible voice of the beer calling him irresistibly to the lobby.  
1643387682190?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=2JrP

:lol: Incredibly accurate. She fell asleep as I was flicking between the German Masked Singer and second division German football and the only thing stopping me from getting another one is that I didn’t have change

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

That'll be the bog irresistibly calling him at that time, trying not to wake their lass up as he knocks over things in his way as he staggers in the dark unfamiliar surroundings half asleep and still pissed to empty his bloated bladder and drink some water from the tap as his tongue flaps in his dry mouth like Gandhi's flip flops before he staggers back to his pit.

:lol: Spoken like a man with true experience

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

:lol:
Aye, we’ve all been there.
Devastatingly accurate tbf. 

31 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

:lol: Spoken like a man with true experience

As MF says. :lol: No drinking yesterday as I was a taxi driver last night so about to get up for a piss and have a cuppa but won't stagger to the bog, won't knock anything over and my tongue has no historical resemblance to anyone's flip flops. 

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/04/2023 at 13:05, Christmas Tree said:

Sol or Bodega under the tapas bar. Years ago they used to sell some world beer where the tradition was you had to leave your shoe until you returned the glass???

• Haha 4

Eldest daughter and a couple of her mates having a few days away in........

Romania. :lol:

Apparently the apartment is lush and so is where they're staying. Recommended by a friend they work with. Fair play for trying new places. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, RobinRobin said:

Andrew Tate's still under arrest isn't he? 

Who?

Anyway, the friend is a female Romanian pharmacist who's told them the best places to go, so far they love it. They're in Cluj so if we get them in Europe it's good and it's cheap. :good:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Howmanheyman said:

Who?

Anyway, the friend is a female Romanian pharmacist who's told them the best places to go, so far they love it. They're in Cluj so if we get them in Europe it's good and it's cheap. :good:

Romania will have a higher GDP per capita than us in 17 years. Think what you were doing 17 years ago, not that long ago really.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2023/03/01/how-far-uk-has-fallen-when-fears-becoming-poorer-romania0/

1 minute ago, Renton said:

Romania will have a higher GDP per capita than us in 17 years. Think what you were doing 17 years ago, not that long ago really.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2023/03/01/how-far-uk-has-fallen-when-fears-becoming-poorer-romania0/

It's already far cleaner apparently.

I wonder how long it'll be before Nikel Faragescu is standing in front of a poster of Brits queuing to get into his homeland whilst pointing at it with a sad face?

Edited by Howmanheyman
  • Haha 4

33 minutes ago, Renton said:

Bucharest was pretty grim when I went there with work about 12 years ago - the streets, which were literally crumbling, were patrolled by packs of menacing stray dogs, one of which was intent on stalking me back to my hotel 

35 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

I wonder how long it'll be before Nikel Faragescu is standing in front of a poster of Brits queuing to get into his homeland whilst pointing at it with a sad face?

Screenshot_20230506_133840_Google.thumb.jpg.8ce0b594a3ede59b3da750ee68830186.jpg

Auf Wiedersehen, Pet.

Soz, I mean La revedere, Pet.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

Bucharest was pretty grim when I went there with work about 12 years ago - the streets, which were literally crumbling, were patrolled by packs of menacing stray dogs, one of which was intent on stalking me back to my hotel 

Speaking of Bucharest, in an attempt to permanently put an end to the kids incessant "I'm bored, what are we doing tomorrow" demands, we've just decided to drag them all up to Dundee for a two day Poverty Safari to see out the bank holiday weekend and hopefully reign in their expectations for the impending summer holidays.

• Haha 7

29 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

40 years old this year ain't it? 

Aye. Jesus christ. I remember it was on ITV originally and all my mates at school were going on about it, but my parents were incredible snobs and didn't like me watching that channel (and I mean, let's remember, we had another THREE channels to choose from then, being generous by including BBC2 which mainly was Open University and the embryonic C4 which was fucking wrist slittingly DIRE back then)! Anyway, I finally persuaded them to put it on and it was the episode that starts with them playing cards as its pissing down outside. And they were nude cards so that was the end of that for a while. They only changed their mind when my uncle told them how great it was.

Looking back I'm amazed I survived childhood.

• Haha 5

Been looking for a cheap holiday during the school holidays for the 3 of us. 

Ended up with 6 days in Calpe, Mon-Sat, Half board for £1250. Never been but if it's hot and there's a pool it'll do for me!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Ended up with 6 days in Calpe, Mon-Sat, Half board for £1250. Never been but if it's hot and there's a pool it'll do for me!

I’ve been there climbing- there’s a big fuck off rock right beside the town. 
It was years ago, but the Old Town is very nice if I remember. 

• Like 1

Booked a week in Crete for September which will be my first beach holiday in ten years and first summer holiday without kids in five years so pushed the boat out a bit.

I was originally looking to go to Corfu but a lot of people have mentioned how it’s very run down.

9 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Its canny. You'll enjoy it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

Booked a week in Crete for September which will be my first beach holiday in ten years and first summer holiday without kids in five years so pushed the boat out a bit.

I was originally looking to go to Corfu but a lot of people have mentioned how it’s very run down.

good choice. crete is lush. really nice cheap food, lush weather, which goes without saying. 

it's a massive island and loads of unspoiled spots away from the usual tourist traps.

where you going? the white mountains are definitely worth exploring if you can be arsed to drag yourself away from the pool. pretty stunning even if you want to drive through them and have a drink or bite to eat in a little village up in the hills 

I’m planning to do as little as humanly possible. I’d have liked to have done some of the boat tours but they’re out as the wife gets vertigo incredibly easily these days. I was looking at some of the 4x4 or quad tours of the mountains but we're staying in Hersonissos so it’s probably not the white mountains.

• Meenzer changed the title to Holidays 2024