Holidays 2024

McFaul

Afternoon all. 👋 

It's all quite intolerably lovely here on Gran Canaria so I'm off to find a dark cavern of a pub to watch the match in. :D

MNnDJS.jpg

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

Afternoon all. 👋 

It's all quite intolerably lovely here on Gran Canaria so I'm off to find a dark cavern of a pub to watch the match in. :D

MNnDJS.jpg

:lol: Is it Eurovision already then? 

• Haha 1

Cheers boys. And yes, Eurovision week beckons.

As payback for spending 10 days in this living hell, I'm having to watch the match on Bein Sports. 😬

• Haha 4

I went to Gran Canaria back in '94. Funnily enough, the two adjectives that sprung to mind were "German" and "Gay". Loved it actually. Enjoy! (Despite the shite result). :thumbup:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Renton said:

I went to Gran Canaria back in '94. Funnily enough, the two adjectives that sprung to mind were "German" and "Gay". Loved it actually. Enjoy! (Despite the shite result). :thumbup:

2NJd.gif

Jazz Hans. 

• Haha 2

I spent my honeymoon there unaware of the gay and Deutsch bit until I saw two German lads playfully splashing each other WITH WATER..... WITH WATER ok? and I remember remarking to wor lass 'Hold my Hands, Hans' in an authentic 1960s WWII film German accent. We loved it. :D

• Haha 8

Well. Me and our lass are off to Gran Canaria this summer, I’ve never been.

I’m planning on proposing so at least if it goes wrong I can hit the gay bars for a bit of a fondle 

• Haha 5

23 minutes ago, strawb said:

I’m planning on proposing so at least if it goes wrong I can hit the gay bars for a bit of a fondle 

It’s vital to have the correct sized ring. 

• Haha 1

I got Patrick Moore’s autograph in Gran Canaria in about 1988. 
Another one up there with the Nobby Solano story 

• Haha 4

24 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

"Heeya! Gamesmasta! I'm stuck on level 5 of Jet Set Willy, any ideas like?"

"..."

"Alreet then just sign me Beano."

Worse than that. I was a fan of The Sky at Night :lol: I think this would’ve been before Gamesmaster was on tv? 

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

Not really he can probably get it stretched out there.

If there is any ring stretching going on I will be the stretcher not the stretchee, as it were

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

"Heeya! Gamesmasta! I'm stuck on level 5 of Jet Set Willy, any ideas like?"

"..."

"Alreet then just sign me Beano."

Jet set Willy was more of a sandbox game and didn't have levels. Your suggestion makes no sense. 

I genuinely loved Sky at Night with old Patrick Moore even though the guy was an old skool fascist racist right wing fuck nut. Ultimately that's irrelevant to the stars I guess.

The other thing I've just remembered about Gran Canaria BTW, connect 4. Is that still a thing?

2 hours ago, Renton said:

The other thing I've just remembered about Gran Canaria BTW, connect 4. Is that still a thing?

I think it’s known as a daisy chain these days. 

• Haha 7

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/05/2023 at 00:03, strawb said:

Well. Me and our lass are off to Gran Canaria this summer, I’ve never been.

:D

To be fair, it's mainly Playa del Inglés/Maspalomas that are queer as owt, and especially the bit around the Yumbo Centre - the rest of the island is more your usual blend of British package holidayers and older Germans and Scandinavians. The presence of moneyed gays does mean there are some really good restaurants in PdI/Maspalomas though, which is unusual for a resort town.

5 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

:D

To be fair, it's mainly Playa del Inglés/Maspalomas that are queer as owt, and especially the bit around the Yumbo Centre - the rest of the island is more your usual blend of British package holidayers and older Germans and Scandinavians. The presence of moneyed gays does mean there are some really good restaurants in PdI/Maspalomas though, which is unusual for a resort town.

We are on the outskirts of playa del ingles. Fondle ahoy 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Just having a look at places to go when we have our jaunt to Holland and Bruges, and, in a lovely Finbarr Saunders twist, our local beach is called Wassenaarse Slag. 

Giddup! 
ooh-matron-kenneth-williams-carry-on-cam

• Haha 4

22 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Just having a look at places to go when we have our jaunt to Holland and Bruges, and, in a lovely Finbarr Saunders twist, our local beach is called Wassenaarse Slag. 

Giddup! 
ooh-matron-kenneth-williams-carry-on-cam

I was there last summer. It's lovely. And not just like that. :naughty:

• Haha 3

ITS THE WEEK OF MY FUCKIN BROTHERS WEDDING IN FUCKING BARI…. I THOUGHT IT WAS AN ISLAND NEAR CARDIFF FULL OF SLAPPERS AND SLOT ARCADES…TURNS OUT ITS IN CUNTING ITALY 🤷🏻‍♂️

IMG_1929.jpeg

• Haha 9

The quality of European medieval “old towns” isn’t often at the forefront of my thoughts but it has to be said Bari doesn’t readily spring to mind for your average punter. It has to be said though that it’s utterly fuckin amazing etc and as an added bonus you can casually stroll into a gorgeous cathedral and get and audience with yer actual genuine SANTA CLAUS 🎅  at the Bacilica di San Nicola 

IMG_1974.thumb.jpeg.644cac3f59dc7a9d3fbdd9fc542e4854.jpeg

There’s also a statue of the fucker outside… paid for by one Vladimir Putin, who wanted to venerate the saint too. He’s very important to the Orthodox Church too, he’s patron saint of Russia. 

IMG_1973.thumb.jpeg.e7c5e8a5f4faf07111f89081fd9a9470.jpeg

• Like 2

Direct flights from Edinburgh and Gatwick, the city is an underrated gem, it’s just a pity my family are here to fuckin spoil it 😃

this shows THE OTHER CATHEDRAL…St Sabins..the locals speak a really weird dialect influenced by Muslim folks who invaded 1k years ago…the women make the orrichette pasta in the streets and let it dry in the open air…seafood paradise etc etc. well worth a visit, city break etc😊

• Like 1

• Meenzer changed the title to Holidays 2024