Newcastle United v West Ham United

Christmas Tree

So time to bring some CT match thread starting magic to our relegation battle.

Two new signings are apparently straight in according to local journos so my team for Saturday will be...

Elliott

Janmaat. Mbemba Coloccini. Dummett*

Sissoko Shelvey Wijnaldum Saivet

De Jong*

Mitrovic

* Could Colback do better than Dummett at LB

* Assuming Perez needs a rest

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So time to bring some CT match thread starting magic to our relegation battle.

Two new signings are apparently straight in according to local journos so my team for Saturday will be...

Elliott

Janmaat. Mbemba Coloccini. Dummett*

Sissoko Shelvey Wijnaldum Saivet

De Jong*

Mitrovic

* Could Colback do better than Dummett at LB

* Assuming Perez needs a rest

Saivet hasn't been playing as a left winger, he's been played centrally.

Neither Shelvey nor Wijnaldum are defensive midfielders, so your centre is pretty flimsy there.

Elliott

Janmaat Memba Colo Dummett

Colback/Tiote/Anita

Sissoko Shelvey Wijnaldum

Mitrovic

The defensive midfielder should be given the job of neutralising Payet.

-------------------Elliot

janmaat---colo-----mbemba----Mbabu

--------------tiote-----shelvey

------sissoko----Wijnaldum ---Perez

------------------mitrovic

Mbabu picked up a knock at Watford.

I can see this being a difficult game for us with West Ham pushing for a Champions League spot & ourselves desperate for 3 points with both teams wanting a win it'll probably be a 1-1 draw

Saivet hasn't been playing as a left winger, he's been played centrally.

Neither Shelvey nor Wijnaldum are defensive midfielders, so your centre is pretty flimsy there.

Elliott

Janmaat Memba Colo Dummett

Colback/Tiote/Anita

Sissoko Shelvey Wijnaldum

Mitrovic

The defensive midfielder should be given the job of neutralising Payet.

First of all you don't have Saivet in your line up and the word up here (could be shit) is that he'll start.

As for whether he plays out wide, the article you pasted and bolded suggests he will solve our out wide position ???

. They are strong out-wide—increasingly so with the signing of Henri Saivet—

Edited by Christmas Tree

First of all you don't have Saivet in your line up and the word up here (could be shit) is that he'll start.

As for whether he plays out wide, the article you pasted and bolded suggests he will solve our out wide position ???

It does, but I posted it for the Shelvey discussion. Saivet has (and I can't believe I'm having to say this again) player predominantly in the centre.

Re him not being in my starting line up, I know, it was deliberate. I'm of the opinion it might take him longer to settle into the league than Shelvey.

Is Aarons fit yet? If so I would go...

Elliott
Janmaat Mbemba Colo Dummett
Tiote/Anita Shelvey
Sissoko Wijnaldum Aarons
Mitrovic
If Aarons is still injured just keep Perez there, or maybe give De Jong a go?

Is Aarons fit yet? If so I would go...

Elliott

Janmaat Mbemba Colo Dummett

Tiote/Anita Shelvey

Sissoko Wijnaldum Aarons

Mitrovic

If Aarons is still injured just keep Perez there, or maybe give De Jong a go?

Playing for u21s tonight.

Riviere scored in the forest minute.

It does, but I posted it for the Shelvey discussion. Saivet has (and I can't believe I'm having to say this again) player predominantly in the centre.

:lol:

So you find an article, find a section you want to hammer home, bold it, but then argue against it?

Fair enough :lol:

You do realise I'm coming for you as soon as he turns up on the left wing. ;)

I'd like to see de Jong come in for Perez as well. As others have said he's looked shot recently and I thought de Jong was unlucky to be dropped. He had enough quality touches in the couple of games he played to suggest there's a quality player there if he can get a run of games. He is slow but you can get away with that in his position if you're good enough. He also seemed to have a good influence on the team - we played well those couple of games. With him, shelvey, sissoko and wijnaldum there should be a canny bit of quality on the ball there, if admittedly not a lot of pace. No idea what saivet does so it'll be interesting to see where he fits in. It will be a hard game - 2-2

I'd like to see de Jong come in for Perez as well. As others have said he's looked shot recently and I thought de Jong was unlucky to be dropped. He had enough quality touches in the couple of games he played to suggest there's a quality player there if he can get a run of games. He is slow but you can get away with that in his position if you're good enough. He also seemed to have a good influence on the team - we played well those couple of games. With him, shelvey, sissoko and wijnaldum there should be a canny bit of quality on the ball there, if admittedly not a lot of pace. No idea what saivet does so it'll be interesting to see where he fits in. It will be a hard game - 2-2

Problem is those 2-3 quality touches are the sum total of the extent of his involvement in those games.

:lol:

So you find an article, find a section you want to hammer home, bold it, but then argue against it?

Fair enough :lol:

You do realise I'm coming for you as soon as he turns up on the left wing. ;)

Hey, Mr Potatohead, how am I arguing against it? Shelvey could be key to Newcastle, that's e point of the article. Saivet gets a line, if that, and it's not accurate.

2256f9a90b00a615554fa03eb8d0e82e.jpg

Hey, Mr Potatohead, how am I arguing against it? Shelvey could be key to Newcastle, that's e point of the article. Saivet gets a line, if that, and it's not accurate.

2256f9a90b00a615554fa03eb8d0e82e.jpg

Davy, Davy, Davy :lol:

How am I to know that if you paste an article and bold it, it's not accurate.

I can see now why you never got the board admin gig. ;)

Wot does it mean Mr. Fish,, some sort of angle?

It means CT is deliberately missing the point.

Probably because he's a contrarian, possibly because he's stupid.

More likely because you highlighted it in bold ;)

Did I highlight the throw away line about Saivet in bold? Or did I highlight the 2 paragraphs that spoke specifically about Shelvey, within which there was a throwaway line about Saivet?

--------> ;) <-----------

Did I highlight the throw away line about Saivet in bold? Or did I highlight the 2 paragraphs that spoke specifically about Shelvey, within which there was a throwaway line about Saivet?

--------> ;) <-----------

It's ok Dave. Just be more careful in future.

It's ok Dave. Just be more careful in future.

I will have to bear in mind you're a thick fucker who likes to be contrary, then cover your idiocy with misplaced condescension. :good: