Newcastle United v West Ham United

Christmas Tree

Arguably demonstrates a need for a proven goalscorer too though.

Aye that's fair enough. If we popped off and signed a dead-cert finisher, someone like Defoe (say) we'd score a lot more than relying on the developing Mitrovic. I don't think there's a proven Premier League goal scorer available/interested in a move to St James'.

In the meantime, we'll create enough chances and goals for Mitrovic, Perez, Sissoko and of course Gini. Think LB is a more crucial area of weakness. I mean Christ, McClaren is talking about playing Jack Colback at Left back.

I am Jack's lack of pace

I am Jack's inability to take on a man

200_s.gif

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It does aye, I do think Mitro will become a good player and he seems to have the right attitude as after missing a sitter he doesn't shy away from the ball. I think we're fairly fortunate that Wijnaldum is a good finisher so it can at times paper over Mitrovic's lack of goals, I also think Mitrovic's play style leads to goals for us as he's good at holding up the ball and tying up defenders. I would like to see us bring in a striker who is a bit more experienced mind as Cisse looks to have gone to shit a bit and the amount of offsides and miscontrols he does wastes a lot of good build up play.

We might be back in the bottom three tonight. Gini's goals aren't papering over that ;)

You're joking aren't you? A lazy, underhit back pass is the keepers fault?

Nah, his starting position was shite as was his anticipation of a defender who is being hassled miss hitting his pass.