Watford v Newcastle

Christmas Tree

Kind of feel for Trooper, seems like every month Steve sends him an email, heaping more pressure on the poor lad to keep up his singing and clapping.

#PrayForTrooper

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kind of feel for Trooper, seems like every month Steve sends him an email, heaping more pressure on the poor lad to keep up his singing and clapping.

#PrayForTrooper

Aw thanks Mr Fish

I like Taylor, it's a shame he's an injury prone absentee - One of those that I file under "could have been great" . Very few players can go through so many injuries and still be PL standard, I regard Taylor to be bottom end of that. Woodgate and Darren Anderton were exceptions I suppose, as they were mint even though they were fragile.

If he'd been a lot more talented and had better physical attributes he could've been great.

In an interview with BBC Newcastle, McClaren was asked whether playing Watford just two weeks ago in the FA Cup means Newcastle have learned a lot about their opponents, to which he responded: “I think it gives us an idea, it gives them an idea.

“Our team will change because we’ve got new signings, and we’ve got injuries.
“Dummett I think might be struggling.
“Jack Colback also is tight in his hamstring – we don’t know whether to take a risk on him.
“At the present moment out there in training we’re struggling to get any defenders in.
“We’re struggling to get a back four out.
“We’ll have to wait and see. It’ll have to be last minute on Saturday to know who’s fit and what the team will be.”
McClaren added: “We’ve been trying to look at that (playing 3-5-2-) for quite a while.
“We just felt in a Cup game against two strikers it was appropriate, and in the first half I think it worked very well.
“Looking at the niggles that we’ve got, (to field the same team as) that day we’d be struggling for a left wing-back (this time).
“We played young Kevin (Mbabu) and this time we’ve got niggles to Dummett and Colback, so we haven’t got a left footer out there.
“We might have to adapt a little bit and look at playing probably a back four, and ahead of that try and get some width as well.”

Elliot, Janmaat, Coloccini, Lascelles, Mbemba, Sissoko, Saivet, Shelvey, Aarons, Wijnaldum, Mitrovic #nufc

Elliot,

Coloccini, Lascelles, Mbemba,

Janmaat, Sissoko, Saivet, Shelvey, Aarons,

Wijnaldum,

Mitrovic

or

Elliot,

Janmaat, Coloccini, Lascelles, Mbemba,

Sissoko, Saivet, Shelvey, Aarons,

Wijnaldum,

Mitrovic

Edited by The Fish

It's nice to see Aarons back in the team but I think it's a little harsh on Perez since he scored last game, he could be tired mind as he looked paggered towards the end of the West Ham match.