Newcastle vs Sunderland 'friendly'

gpirlo68

All joking aside, I can't get my head around organising a friendly against these and then not playing any of our first XI? What's the point in that? I don't really care how fit Gouffran, Riviere, Darlow, Taylor and the kids are cos they likely won't kick a competitive ball for the rest of the season.

We have a first team squad of 30. Pick two teams and play 90mins at full pace. This just increases the pressure on the team for the next derby and gives the Mackems, half of whom will likely be playing in the next Derby, even more confidence.

Daft decision all round

All joking aside, I can't get my head around organising a friendly against these and then not playing any of our first XI? What's the point in that? I don't really care how fit Gouffran, Riviere, Darlow, Taylor and the kids are cos they likely won't kick a competitive ball for the rest of the season.

We have a first team squad of 30. Pick two teams and play 90mins at full pace. This just increases the pressure on the team for the next derby and gives the Mackems, half of whom will likely be playing in the next Derby, even more confidence.

Daft decision all round

What's the point in playing anyone from the first team? There was nothing to be gained from it.

Was out tonight, caught a bit of SSN. No mention whatsoever of a secret derby. #Magedia

News was suppressed by a secret cabal of Newcastle business men apparently.