Andros Townsend

ohhh_yeah

my palace mate down here reckons they're keen on townsend a bolasie if off. apparently they're willing to offer us Joel ward as part of the deal. no idea if he's up to much

I would, on principle, refuse to do business with Pardew, were it up to me.. Especially if a part exchange deal for a player who has potentially been 'Pardewed' is involved.

Hopefully we can sell him to someone more deserving if he is intending to go.

Edited by Rayvin

WHS. Townsend might well stay. If we're going to pay the wages and these players cause a storm in the Championship its probably a better option for them than going into the reserves again. How in hell Townsend wasn't picked regularly is beyond me, he really looks like he has the ability to influence games.

Suppose it depends how much he wants to be in London, personally I'd rather spend 1 year in the championship with NUFC than be stuck playing for Alan Pardew at a bampy shit hole like Palace. Again though he might really be desperate to be back in London.

Mirror seem to be reporting today that he's given a positive indication to Rafa that he will stay. I would like to think that he would at least risk til January and see how we are doing by then. At the minute it's not like there appears there's a load of top clubs after him. If there was I could understand him wanting to go. But if it's the likes of Palace who under Pardew have a strong chance of being in the relegation mix again, I don't really see there's a great need for him to move. Apparently we're willing improve his wages too.

Understand Palace are interested, but unless a massive offer comes in expect Andros Townsend to start the season with NUFC in the Champ. -Keith Downie from Sky Sports

He's also revealed that there is 13m release clause.

Townsend would have been a much better option for Hodgson after seeing Sterling's 2 woeful showings against Russia & Wales.

Does Shelvey have a get-out clause too?

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jun/27/crystal-palace-michy-batshuayi-marseille-bid

''On a busy day of activity, Palace are also understood to have triggered Townsends £10.5m release clause, with the England winger currently weighing up whether he would like to move to south London from Newcastle.''

I'm not sure how valid that is, sky sports said his release clause was 13m

yep, and I'd be surprised if that was to go to Palace. If it were everton, Liverpool, etc then yeah he'll go. But palace, naaah.

Also, if he goes to Palace he's risking his reputation as one of those players that is often in relegated sides. It'll only be twice, but that's enough for most of these fuckin brain dead commentators we have to listen to nowadays.

Edited by scoobos

Aye Palace is a fucking hovel, their ground is shit and their facilities are Championship standard, he'll be playing in the PL but bar the opposition it'll feel like a step down.

We will be back in a year in all, it'd be a waste of him leaving if he was to just go to no marks like Palace. Would have to listen to Alan Pardew daily as well which would drive anyone into a deep depression.