Andros Townsend

ohhh_yeah

Not to mention Barkley who was complete shit at the end of the season, regardless of his potential he's simply not living up to it and he can't just keep being brought to Tournaments especially when he doesn't even look fit (I know they're saying it's not his fitness and that he's knackered but that still means he can't play full games without keeling over). Noble, Drinkwater and Townsend were hard done by.

Wiltshire who hasn't played 90 mins all season over Drinkwater who won the league and taking the other permacrock Sturridge too as well as an 18 year old who wouldn't be anywhere near the squad if he didn't play for Man U. Fuck off Roy.

Edited by Bizza

I knew as soon as Rashford scored on Friday, he'd be in. Roy got stick from taking liberally from Man Utd and Liverpool and he doesn't seem to have shaken it. I can understand Wilshere going tbh so, for me, it was between Barkley and Townsend so Andros can feel hard done by IMO. He's the only proper winger in the squad and is good form. Barkley would be behind Wilshere, Alli and Rooney for me. Even deeper, Drinkwater is a league winner and was no slouch in that side.

Basically, it's typical Hodgson selection policy which is "Who plays for the "big teams"

The more I think about Rashford, the more ridiculous it is. It suggests that Sturridge isn't fit but he's taken him anyway because he'd get stick so two fit, in-form players have to go :lol: You couldn't make it up

I sometimes wonder if there's just something we can't see that goes on behind the scenes with these decisions... like, maybe the FA applies pressure or something like that.

Hodgson proving what a fucking plank he is tbh, taking Wilshere and leaving Drinkwater and Noble home is absurd. Wilshere had 1 start in the league last year how the fuck can you take him to a Tournament? Sturridge is class but he can't stay fit for more than a week and he's not going to be the starter anyway, he's taking 5 strikers and 3 centre backs (I know Dier can play there but tbh he's not very good there) what do blokes like Shawcross have to do to get a friendly or anything? Stones has been diabolical all season and has brought that poor form into every England game he has played, crackers when you think the bloke tends to play one up top.

Sterling has completely lost his way and went big time since his move to Man City so he's been shite all season, clearly there on name alone tbh. Not being funny but I think someone like Marc Albrighton should be annoyed, they went on about him on a programme the other week and they're saying he's among the most consistent chance creators in the league whenever he plays.

Townsend was class the closing weeks of the Prem but didn't play much the rest of the season, I think that argument could have been used if he hadn't taken someone like Wilshere, I'm glad in a way as it means Townsend isn't in the shop window but looking at the squad he deserved to go tbh as yet again an England squad is criminally lacking in width. Why even take Sterling as the only winger (unless you class Lallana as one, I see him as more through the middle)? I know he's clearly going to do daft stuff like waste Vardy out wide, despite how Vardy proved how daft that was the other week. Ah well not like we were going to win it anyway but it's even clearer now that Hodgson isn't up to the job, despite that being crystal clear after the shambles in Brazil.

Agree with most of this.

We've got 5 strikers in a system that plays 1, 8 midfielders without a decent wide man amongst them and 3 centre halves

Townsend and Drinkwater dropped from the England squad

Piss poor but predicable. Going for favourites - who have been crocked or shit all season instead of form players. Drinkwater must be scratching his head after the season he just had.

Wilshere is easily England's best player when playing well, think he was a gamble worth taking.

Barkley is a mystery to me, wouldn't have taken him. I would have fucked off Sturridge as well.

The selection points to a pretty obvious 442 with a diamond midfield and no wingers IMO so that explains the no room for Townsend

I can sort of understand bringing Wilshere even though he's a perma crock as he offers something different to the other midfielders but how the hell did Drinkwater not get picked ahead of Henderson or Milner man? Baffling

Question is ............. will Townsend pull a Rafa and stay with us?

Rafa came in on a 3 year contract with a get-out clause which he didn't exercise. His 3 year wages would be based on being in the Premiership and I doubt there has been any increase motivating him to stay. I think his pride and the amount of power over things would be the key, plus fan support.

Townsend signed his contract on Premiership wages which probably won't change if he stays. He might exercise his get-out clause through wanting to play in the Premiership but he'd probably only be wanted by team wanting to climb in the League. I can't see any of the top teams having a need for him.

I think having just missed the Euros gives us a chance of keeping him. He's got very little to lose by putting in a year in the Championship since the next International tournament is two years away. It'll also magnify how good he is.

That said, he could eliminate the risk entirely by moving on.

my palace mate down here reckons they're keen on townsend a bolasie if off. apparently they're willing to offer us Joel ward as part of the deal. no idea if he's up to much