Everton v Newcastle

McFaul

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We need at least a point tonight all 3 really because Saturdays games could really open up the bottom 3 Norwich v Villa you've got to fancy Norwich to get 3 points. Then there's Swansea v Palace again you've got to fancy Swansea for all the points

A club like us going 5 and a half years without a win at a shit ground and club like them shows we are actually cursed. 5 and a half year without a win at Woodison. Cursed. The record is so bad I'd take a draw tonight in that hell hole.

Won't it be the same as before but maybe with Townsend coming in for Perez?

Elliott

Janmaat Mbemba Colo Dummett

Saivet

Sissoko Shelvey Perez/Townsend

Wijnaldum

Mitrovic

Doumbia and Perez/Townsend to come off the bench at some point?

Looking at Everton, they're a side that would be higher with a savvier manager IMO. A bit like us, I suppose but having said that, I wouldn't be surprised if, despite playing more games than us recently, they look like the fitter side. If Shelvey has a good game and Wijnaldum can actually perform away from home, we should be getting something.

The three main threats in their team are Lukaku, Barkley and Coleman down the wing. We tend to struggle with Lukaku's physicality.

It has shown this season that we really need to get the first goal in the game, if we concede first we generally never get 3 points. We need to get at them from the start, like the West Ham game.

The three main threats in their team are Lukaku, Barkley and Coleman down the wing. We tend to struggle with Lukaku's physicality.

It has shown this season that we really need to get the first goal in the game, if we concede first we generally never get 3 points. We need to get at them from the start, like the West Ham game.

I agree, but I wouldn't be surprised if we try to hold them at arm's length as we did against Spurs and Liverpool, then try to hit them on the counter.

To be fair, we have the pace in Sissoko, Townsend, Wijnaldum (and purportedly Doumbia) to trouble any sides on the counter, which should mean our side is capable of taking points off sides who play more expansive football at home.