Sports Direct Billboard v WBA

sammynb

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perez on his own playing centre back in a 1 - 8 - 1 formation to take advantage of our "we have double the amount of midlfield players and wingers than we need but nobody at the back" tactical mentality (with mitro up front on his own to poke the ball either side of an open goal)

does anyone have a scooby who will start at left back? i'm assuming taylor will be back at centre back. is colback fit again?

i guess we could line up something like this

------------------Elliot

Janmaat---Colo-----Taylor------Colback

Sissoko----Shelvey--Saivet-----Townsend

-----------Mitrovich---Perez

fuck me though :lol:

does anyone have a scooby who will start at left back? i'm assuming taylor will be back at centre back. is colback fit again?

i guess we could line up something like this

------------------Elliot

Janmaat---Colo-----Taylor------Colback

Sissoko----Shelvey--Saivet-----Townsend

-----------Mitrovich---Perez

fuck me though :lol:

Nowt wrong with that team tbf. The papers are making a meal out of the injuries.

I probably wouldn't drop our best player though ;)

Edited by StraightEdgeWizard

Looks like it's going to have to be Colback if he's fit or Aarons at leftback with Taylor coming in for Mbemba. That leaves Saivet alongside Shelvey in the middle unless Tiote comes back into consideration. Of the attacking players I'd just bring Mitrovic in for Perez. I don't think we can afford just Shelvey and Gini in the middle against West Brom. I know they're shite too but you know Pulis's teams are always physical and I think those two would just get bossed out of it.

It HAS to be two up front. People saying Doumbia isn't fit. Fucking who cares, what was the point in bringing him in? Stick him on from the start, if he's blowing his arse out then take him off. He'll be more of a goal threat than what they showed last night.

McClaren is convinced he will get a reaction from his players against West Bromwich Albion at St James’ Park.

The Magpies go into the game desperate for three points and in danger of being cut adrift from fellow relegation candidates.

However, McClaren reckons his team are still capable of turning things around.

The Newcastle head coach said: “We have shown that. Three months ago we had a couple of bad games, Leicester and Crystal Palace.

“The reaction since then has been fantastic. We have really looked a good team.

“We lost harshly at Watford. We have reacted before, now we have to do it again.

“We can only do it in the dressing room and when the players cross that white line, we have to play as a team and fight.

“That’s what the fans want to see.”

It's a good thing we have invested in a talented left back that could stop balls into the box...

I think we'll get beat, the team are fucking hopeless, McClaren doesn't seem to know how to set them up and what to do with them, the players aren't interested. We had two major areas of need on the pitch, we needed someone to score goals and players in that can stop goals, instead we spent the window haggling over 2m for a winger and chasing a striker from a club that had no interest in selling him to us (fwiw I didn't mind the Shelvey buy at all as it was another area of need because we couldn't carry on with Colback and Anita).

Our only real hope is that Wijnaldum puts in a top performance since it's at home, the best part of the Townsend buy is it almost guarantees old ginger quiff wont push Wijnaldum wide.