Sports Direct Billboard v WBA

sammynb

A bit like getting sold a job that's nothing like it was advertised as, the only way to motivate our players seems to be to make them think they've a chance of leaving! performances from Sissoko are always mentioned but I think the same could be said for most of our squad, coming up to a transfer window - with the exception of Perez, Colo, Janmaat, Anita and Dummett who do seem consistent at least. (consistently shite in some cases).

I think we'll lose , as its a "low ranked" team.

Aye the player's won't be able to motivate themselves to play this lot. There'll be 5 or 10 minutes of 'action' with a couple of chances which will be woefully wasted and then Berahino will get a quick brace and we'll disappear.

It is the manager's job to offer tactics, advice and motivation. When there's a big fuck up in a company it isn't all the staff who carry the can, the gaffer has the responsibility for the team. McClaren is unable to get through to them, just like he couldn't with a very decent England squad. I think we should give his FC Twente translator the job.

Edited by trophyshy

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But we don't have any "best strikers".

We don't have any decent players full stop at the minute. I tend to share the consensus here that this isn't really Mitrovic's fault. It's a team failing.

80 mil less is a harsh comment - its only been 1 week since we spent 50 hasn't it?

50m? we spent around 28m in jan didn't we? 12m on Townsend, same on Shelvey and 4m on Saivet. He has also had 2 of those players for 3 games now.

I think it's far from harsh, look at the (rightful) grief Carver got and he got 13 points from 19 games (4 draws, 3 wins, 12 losses), McClaren's first 19 games we got 17 points (4 wins, 5 draws and 10 losses), McClaren had basically the same squad as Carver except with the additions of Wijnaldum, Thauvin, Mitrovic and Mbemba (47mish in total). I fully blame that fat cunt Ashley for the squad but even then the current lot should definately be doing better than they are.

It's not a case of slating Mitrovic it's just where we are. We simply have no strikers available who can regularly score.

Unless that changes we're down.

But that is what you are doing, if Mitrovic and the other forwards had more chances they would be scoring more goals. Currently Mitrovic comes on gets a good chance and misses, he is then either hauled off or dropped for the following game, how can he get into any sort of scoring form? If we were creating 4 or 5 good scoring chances every game and he was fluffing the 3 that fell to him every week then you could brand him as a striker who can't hit a barn door.

Mitrovic has been one of our better players this season. Idiots that don't understand centre forward play can't see it

:lol:

He's got potential and parts of his forward play are ok. Scoring isn't (yet).

That's not blaming Mitrovich so stop crying ;)

Ideally he should have a top forward up alongside him or he should be learning from the bench. (As would be the case at most clubs).

With 14 games to go, goals, not his development is the priority.

But that is what you are doing, if Mitrovic and the other forwards had more chances they would be scoring more goals. Currently Mitrovic comes on gets a good chance and misses, he is then either hauled off or dropped for the following game, how can he get into any sort of scoring form? If we were creating 4 or 5 good scoring chances every game and he was fluffing the 3 that fell to him every week then you could brand him as a striker who can't hit a barn door.

He's had a good run in the team and was regularly missing chances. The game one or two before this in particular.

Given our situation it's understandable that a coach would want to try mixing things up to get goals.

I couldn't care less if Rivière and Doumbia play til the end of the season if it brings goals.

He's had a good run in the team and was regularly missing chances. The game one or two before this in particular.

Given our situation it's understandable that a coach would want to try mixing things up to get goals.

I couldn't care less if Rivière and Doumbia play til the end of the season if it brings goals.

His 'good run' is him in and out of the side tbh. We barely create chances and that is the key problem to the side, as Ewerk said we're 17th in the league for chances created, if we were creating plenty of chances a game and he was fluffing everything then he would be to blame but him having barely any chances week to week means he's really struggling. McClaren 'mixing things up' against Everton was thick and it cost us the game from kick off, we had no focal point to the attack despite finally having a winger who could get the ball into him.

McClaren is rightfully shouldering a lot of the blame right now, the strikers aren't prolific but with more chances they are definitely capable enough to win us games.

Easy to say, and Christ we've said it before, but ULTIMATELY the blame lies with the owner. 100%. He's had plenty of notice that his lackey isn't up to the job, (I think he's quite comfortable with that, he supposedly steps in anyway when it's 'important' financially). McClaren gets what he's given and takes it because of ultimate problem, Ashley.

I would say it's not his fault we have strikers who can't hit a barn door or his fault he hasn't got better strikers to put out.

He's had us playing very well at times with chances going begging.

Plenty of players who have let him down.

statistically we don't create many chances so that completely destroys that argument

So which other losers are going to spoil their Saturday afternoon by watching this shower?

Raises hand.

Aye I'll be watching it while keeping an eye on the Norwich v Villa game.