Sports Direct Billboard v WBA

sammynb

Daddy don't play like that.

you can't completely disown nufc, man. it's like a smack addict son that keeps stealing from you. you might think cutting off ties is the best for everyone, but deep down you can't let go of the fucker forever.

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I blame the absent Wijnaldum & Sissoko, the decision to play Perez up front on his own v Everton and a litany of managerial mistakes as much as him.

but I wholly understand why people want to be negative after a win where we played well.

The reaction to Saturday has been broadly positive.

But a few of our players only really seem to turn up for home games. That's a fair criticism. And on the evidence so far, Shelvey looks like he could be another Sissoko or Wijnaldum - big player at home but anonymous away.

The reaction to Saturday has been broadly positive.

But a few of our players only really seem to turn up for home games. That's a fair criticism. And on the evidence so far, Shelvey looks like he could be another Sissoko or Wijnaldum - big player at home but anonymous away.

To be honest, for all the attacking players go missing, the defence want shooting for our failures on the road. If we could keep a fucking clean sheet we've definitely got the players that have the moments of quality in them, to turn a draw into an away win. Since the Palace drubbing we've only lost by 1 goal in all but 1 of the away fixtures ( and 3 of the 5 games were lost in the final 15 minutes or so).

I think it will take a more sustained upturn in results for the confidence to come back. Or more to the point for it not to fall away as soon as we get a bad result. We saw last season when we had that five or six game winning run that as soon as we lost all the confidence that had seemed to build up, quickly evaporate.

Edited by David Kelly

I think it will take a more sustained upturn in results for the confidence to come back. Or more to the point for it not to fall away as soon as we get a bad result. We saw last season when we had that five or six game winning run that as soon as we lost all the confidence that had seemed to build up, quickly evaporate.

Yeah but how much of that evaporation was due to the King's utter inability to arrest a slide? A trait repeated at each of his clubs.

Chelsea & Stoke are two very tough games at the best of times, but Chelsea need to get out of the bottom half, and Stoke are in an awful run of form (last win was against Norwich).

Yeah but how much of that evaporation was due to the King's utter inability to arrest a slide? A trait repeated at each of his clubs.

Chelsea & Stoke are two very tough games at the best of times, but Chelsea need to get out of the bottom half, and Stoke are in an awful run of form (last win was against Norwich).

Yeah but it's happened since then with Carver (yes I know) and McClaren. It seems to me that there is a deep rooted confidence issue in the club.

I don't disagree but at least Sissoko isn't carrying the "weight" of being the main creator, so if he struggles we now have Shelvey and Townsend to chip in.

you can't completely disown nufc, man. it's like a smack addict son that keeps stealing from you. you might think cutting off ties is the best for everyone, but deep down you can't let go of the fucker forever.

No truer statement made on this forum!