Sports Direct Billboard v WBA

sammynb

Fancy a draw or a narrow win for them. Hope I'm wrong but I think their position and ours (plus the outlook of Pulis) means they'll set-up not to get beat and we'll struggle to break them down.

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's like Pardew all over again he's churning out the same old bollocks week in week out its getting a bit tedious now. They've spent something like £74 million to get a team that's gone backwards. We needed a left back we didn't bother we will now have to play an unfit player to cover that position. Then the striker we needed a proven premiership striker (Austin) was supposed to have been a done deal but didn't happen fast forward to Xmas. With the window fast approaching it was more than evident that we still needed THAT striker Berahino seemed to be the main focal point. Various other names were mentioned & we ended up with a guy on loan who hasn't played since early December. Not only that he hasn't even trained with the squad yet so he's going to need a few weeks just to get up to speed. We really are in the brown stuff McClaren wants a reaction tomorrow if we get beat he might get a reaction from the fans he won't like.

Fancy a draw or a narrow win for them. Hope I'm wrong but I think their position and ours (plus the outlook of Pulis) means they'll set-up not to get beat and we'll struggle to break them down.

Hard to disagree with this, if NUFC hadn't ground me down, I'd have given it a go though.

Howay billboard, you useless wankers. Don't destroy another Saturday afternoon! I'm almost tempted to go with the Mrs and boy to a soft play birthday party so I can avoid watching it

I think we'll play well and win but it will be another false dawn followed by a couple of howkings at Chelsea and West Brom, followed by a complete meltdown from there on out. What a shambles. I had been relatively optimistic until fairly recently but the things I was hoping to see starting to click just haven't happened. Bottom 3 at this stage of the season, still unable to score and still so soft defensively, coupled with pea-hearted senior players like Sissoko and a manager with a track record of wilting under pressure = recipe for relegation. I do feel for Mclaren cos he's a decent bloke and a good coach by all accounts, but unfortunately relegation is probably just what this shambles of a club deserves.

I think McLarens getting a bit too much stick that should be directed at the players.

There's so much you can do in training and so much you can do tactic wise but there is no excuse for some of the piss poor, couldn't give a fuck attitudes that were on display against Everton.

Time for the players to earn their wages and show a bit of fight.

And I can't wait! I love the mental bastard and eagerly look forward to the 3 games he plays before he knacks himself.

Jumping in front of keepers , abusing soft lads and goal line heroic clearances ahoy!

My prediction for his next injury - knackers in the goal post, out for 3 months.

edit. with the way things have been going, I wouldn't be surprised if he breaks down with an injury after 8 minutes or something shite like that.

Edited by scoobos

I think McLarens getting a bit too much stick that should be directed at the players.

There's so much you can do in training and so much you can do tactic wise but there is no excuse for some of the piss poor, couldn't give a fuck attitudes that were on display against Everton.

Time for the players to earn their wages and show a bit of fight.

how many points better off were we going to be than last season btw? Now you reckon it's not down to the manager. Ffs

how many points better off were we going to be than last season btw? Now you reckon it's not down to the manager. Ffs

I would say it's not his fault we have strikers who can't hit a barn door or his fault he hasn't got better strikers to put out.

He's had us playing very well at times with chances going begging.

Plenty of players who have let him down.

Weirdly, I think we're going to win this one. I even feel like it'll be comfortable. McClaren should take the handbrake off while we're at home, and if he does, we should overwhelm them.

To be honest, I'm not 100% convinced we're down yet despite everything - we have some tough games ahead, but they're all the ones that we've tended to play well in based on the season so far. Chelsea aren't exactly turning up this season so I think we could get something there.

The only thing that really bothers me is that other teams will feel they can beat anyone as well. I'm not really sure how this is going to end.

That said, reasonably confident that we'll beat West Brom. Happy to say that if we don't, we're down.

I would say it's not his fault we have strikers who can't hit a barn door or his fault he hasn't got better strikers to put out.

Except we're in 17th place for chances created.

Edited by ewerk

I'm still kind of rooting for mcclaren, even though it's becoming increasingly difficult to do so. We have played some good stuff at times. Some of selections have been baffling though. I do still think he's a half decent coach. Just possibly not the best tactician. Or the best motivator given how half arsed our players have looked at times

A bit like getting sold a job that's nothing like it was advertised as, the only way to motivate our players seems to be to make them think they've a chance of leaving! performances from Sissoko are always mentioned but I think the same could be said for most of our squad, coming up to a transfer window - with the exception of Perez, Colo, Janmaat, Anita and Dummett who do seem consistent at least. (consistently shite in some cases).

I think we'll lose , as its a "low ranked" team.

We don't create many chances at all, I understand it's easy to slate a bloke like Mitrovic who walked onto the pitch and missed our only good chance of the game against Everton but that's all the lad really gets, one good chance a week and sometimes it's his only chance. A 21 year old in his first season in the league can't be expected to tuck the one chance a week he gets away.

The team is dogshit but we managed to get more wins under Pardew and Carver last season with 80m+ of players less, his tactics have regularly fucked us before the team even stepped on the field, the Everton game being a prime example of that. The players deserve shit but I disagree that McClaren is getting more stick than he deserves.

I'm still kind of rooting for mcclaren, even though it's becoming increasingly difficult to do so. We have played some good stuff at times. Some of selections have been baffling though. I do still think he's a half decent coach. Just possibly not the best tactician. Or the best motivator given how half arsed our players have looked at times

I think even the best coaches struggle when you can't put the ball in the net.

We don't create many chances at all, I understand it's easy to slate a bloke like Mitrovic who walked onto the pitch and missed our only good chance of the game against Everton but that's all the lad really gets, one good chance a week and sometimes it's his only chance. A 21 year old in his first season in the league can't be expected to tuck the one chance a week he gets away.

The team is dogshit but we managed to get more wins under Pardew and Carver last season with 80m+ of players less, his tactics have regularly fucked us before the team even stepped on the field, the Everton game being a prime example of that. The players deserve shit but I disagree that McClaren is getting more stick than he deserves.

It's not a case of slating Mitrovic it's just where we are. We simply have no strikers available who can regularly score.

Unless that changes we're down.