Sports Direct Billboard v WBA

sammynb

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

statistically we don't create many chances so that completely destroys that argument

You know what you do with your statistics. ;)

Only a week or two ago we had a game where three headers went wide when it should have harder to miss.

It's a silly argument to be having really as we all know we need at least two quality strikers in the squad. At the minute we have none.

Discount stats as they prove you wrong. :lol:

If I was arsed I would put the stats up from premier league goal scorers this season which pretty much game, set and match our striking discussion.

But I'm not, particularly after just tidying a 5 year olds bedroom from hell.

Has anyone denied that our strikers haven't been good enough?

:lol: well that's been my point. It's others who are focussing on chances created or what other attributes Mitrovic has etc etc.

But then again some people just like to argue against any point I make.

With luck, one day you will all be as wise as me.

Anyway enough arguing from me. Time to mentally prepare for the inevitable roller coaster of emotions. :)

Only a bigger idiot would think we don't have a striker problem.

no one said we didn't. Your argument was there were plenty chances being created for our strikers. A good conversion of chances rate is about 20% though so the amount of chances created had a huge impact on goals scored. It's bound to impact the form of any strikers too. Even more so if they aren't in the top 10 in the league. For all that though you've flip-flopped abor 5 times over how good mitrovic is.

:lol: well that's been my point. It's others who are focussing on chances created or what other attributes Mitrovic has etc etc.

But then again some people just like to argue against any point I make.

With luck, one day you will all be as wise as me.

Anyway enough arguing from me. Time to mentally prepare for the inevitable roller coaster of emotions. :)

Excitement as you go to the chippy, anxiety in case it's closed, happiness that it's open, waryness there'll be a queue, joy there isn't, eagerness to get home to eat it, immense satisfaction filling your face, guilt when you sit on the settee bloated. What a roller coaster! You enjoy it, CT. ;)

no one said we didn't. Your argument was there were plenty chances being created for our strikers. A good conversion of chances rate is about 20% though so the amount of chances created had a huge impact on goals scored. It's bound to impact the form of any strikers too. Even more so if they aren't in the top 10 in the league. For all that though you've flip-flopped abor 5 times over how good mitrovic is.

Dear me :lol:

I haven't flip flopped at all on Mitrovic. Like most fans I looked forward to what he might do, been gutted by some of his performances, understood why he's been dropped and still hope it eventually all clicks for him. After all he's only young.

Some on here want to turn in into a pro Mitrovich or against him. I'm simply pro Newcastle.

Plenty of games this year though where we've created enough chances to score and we haven't took them.

Excitement as you go to the chippy, anxiety in case it's closed, happiness that it's open, waryness there'll be a queue, joy there isn't, eagerness to get home to eat it, immense satisfaction filling your face, guilt when you sit on the settee bloated. What a roller coaster! You enjoy it, CT. ;)

:lol:

I wish.

I think this started off with a pretty basic McLarens being let down by the players comment, which as usual, has twisted and turned into a monster. :)

well fair enough but it was on the back of a match where he made utterly perplexing selections and used bizarre tactics against a side with a poor defence having a bad run of form. The players were poor but he has to take a massive portion of the blame