Chelsea V The Wonga sandwich boards

sammynb

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even when we're playing well we generally get nowt at Chelsea so this result isn't a massive surprise. It's about how they react against Stoke now. They won today but haven't been in the best form.

We have to be beating Bournemouth at home. Lose that and we're in trouble.

I fully expected to see Colback start at left-back, or even try Saivet, but not Aarons for 90 minutes!!

Midfielder Tiote off and centre-back Lascelles on? I would have thought midfielder Saivet would have been the better option.

From what I saw of Doumbia I wasn't impressed by his work-rate, I would have expected to see him full of vigour trying to save the game even with little or no service. Perez might have been a better option.

Gino was an anonymous non entity, I wouldn't want him in the trenches with me if I was surrounded by hostiles.

Weak passes, bad passes, lack of possession, bad or little marking, giving the ball away too easy, and too often was our disaster.

McClaren the brolly-boy has got to go!! We have some talented players but he doesn't appear to be able to mould them into a capable consistent team.

An expected loss today didn't necessarily put us back in the bottom 3, but 5 fucking goals to 1 certainly did.

We are fucking hopeless away from home, this is why people getting all positive after the WBA result was pointless. We can basically halve the games that we have any shot at picking up points in because we are so pathetic away.

Stoke will burst us away from home. I still just think we are going down, we make scoring look extremely hard, pick up no points away and often draw in matches we control because of our lack of threat.

The subs were bizzare but I wasn't that bothered as we had lost the game after 10 minutes, however they were a worrying sign for future games.

So last season Hull went down with 35 points obviously 36 points was the magic number. So on that basis (hypothetical I know) we need something in the region of 12 points from 12 remaining games. Can we do it? based on what we've seen today I very much doubt it. Honestly Chelsea could have punished us a lot more today it wasn't like we tried to keep the score down. More like they eased their foot off the gas, most of the second half looked like a training session for Chelsea. OK so we really didnt expect much but we didn't expect to get turned over like this, is it the players fault ? McClarens fault ? Ashley's fault ? or all of the above ? one things certain continue like this & we will be relegated

Not gunna pretend I have seen anything but the motd highlights, because apathy. There were 4 individual errors there for their first 4 goals. McLaren might be shit, our owner is definitely shit but you can't legislate for stupid shit like that.

The team is heartless enough without them having to watch their manager act like they've spilt his milk every time they concede.

If he has no fight, where the fuck is the inspiration and determination going to come from. It's basic 101 man management, encourage, inspire, make them think they are winners.

FFS, top to bottom, the club has nothing left worth saving.

The team is heartless enough without them having to watch their manager act like they've spilt his milk every time they concede.

If he has no fight, where the fuck is the inspiration and determination going to come from. It's basic 101 man management, encourage, inspire, make them think they are winners.

FFS, top to bottom, the club has nothing left worth saving.

Aye spot on. I think the players were in a right mess after a few year of Pardew + Carvers coaching, a time when 4-0 battering become just another loss and they regularly just capitulated and took all the blame from the king himself so learnt to just not give a fuck. I think that is a dangerous attitude to have as a group and it is pretty well ingrained into them as a good amount of them have been here for 3 years or so.

I think if a manager had come in who had a good charisma around him and got the players excited etc it may have boosted them out of that funk but I've little to no doubt a good amount of them had no fucking clue who McClaren was when he come in and the bloke has all the charisma of a block of wood. "Oh look lads the new bloke coming in just got sacked from a Championship team after turning us down twice, can't wait to work with him".

We currently have two fullbacks who don't want to defend/tackle,two midfield players who don't want to put a shift in away from home and a defence who cannot see an opposition player line himself up to play a long pass.Fuckin basics you expect from professional players.We don't anticipate we react.One-two's were played by Chelsea with us looking like they were a new phenomenon.How have we ended up with a left winger as our reserve left back with Colback on the bench.Brolly keeps going on about getting our injured players back.Aye right ,that will solve all our problems .