Chelsea 1 - 1 Charlton

Shearergol

Man of the match? Darren Ambrose.

Another piece of great business eh Souness.

On another note, have you seen the state of Chelsea's pitch??

_41243454_footy2.jpg

Probably not the best picture to show it, but it's like a bloody farmers field. No wonder Chelsea struggled to play football on it today.

I never understood the Ambrose sale, but then i rarely understand anything Souness does.

We had a young midfielder with an eye for scoring goals, who had started to look much improved when given even a few games and who could go on to be a good player.

More to the point though, if Souness for whatever reason wanted him out then you put him on loan and if he does well we get the player back with added experience, or at the very least we sell him for good money instead of what Souness accepted.

Ambrose left to play first team football. Souness has been quoted saying he didn't want Ambrose to leave, but he couldnt offer him first team football everyweek.

83078[/snapback]

The interviews i read with Souness had him saying he didn't see Ambrose playing a big part in our team so he was selling him. He did mention 1st team football, but you can't/shouldn't guarentee any player that and you certainly don't need to tell them, you let the season unfold and see what happens.

Wasn't it Charlton who once complained to the FA because they'd lost 4-1 at Stamford Bridge after Chelsea had through shit-loads of sand on it?

On a plus note, I see Carvalho got his marching orders - can't stand that arrogant fucker! I bet he did his trademark wagging his finger at the referee in a protest of innocence, didn't he?

Anyone remember before when the pitch was awful and Ranieri was checking it out and as the camera went past him he went "The Pitch Is Shit"  :(  :o

83057[/snapback]

:razz:

Aye, I remember that. It was live on Sky before some FA Cup tie and the camera was following Ranieri who was overlooking the players warming-up, and Richard Keys had to apologise for the language.

"Look at the pitch. Look at the pitch...it's sheet...you can grow potatoes on it".

Classic.

Can't believe how well ours is looking, those lights really are paying off, shame about the dross being served up on it though

83288[/snapback]

Well, the way the likes of Boumsong and Luque are running there is not any danger for the pitch getting ruined. The 18 yard boxes and the wide sides are also safe from players causing harm to the grass...

Can't believe how well ours is looking, those lights really are paying off, shame about the dross being served up on it though

83288[/snapback]

Well, the way the likes of Boumsong and Luque are running there is not any danger for the pitch getting ruined. The 18 yard boxes and the wide sides are also safe from players causing harm to the grass...

83294[/snapback]

Don't forget Babayaro's strolling

Paying all that money to make the pitch lush, green, and smooth....and then we spend 90 minutes hoooooooooofing it.  :(

83296[/snapback]

The only reason it's looking a lot more healthy is because it's being exposed to more horse-shit that it has in previous seasons tbh....

:o