Stoke City V Newcastle United

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 nil and a red card each.

Aye. BBC Sports Vakesh Varmar interviewed Steve McClaren after the game, "It was a heavy scoreline but it flattered them, and you have to take the significant positives from the game. We played well and were the better team for the first 6 minutes, we have plenty to build on."

Comfortable home win for Stoke.

It'll be Taylor and Lascelles at the back, won't it? Not the best to deal with Bojan, Shaqiri and Arnautovic. Wouldn't be surprised to see Aarons humiliated at left back again.

Heard about that League Cup win. There was hell on?

Major :)

I went in a car, had a quiet drink and easy walk to the match. We were the only four people from the NE who weren't full on attacked by marauding mobs :)

Another group of my mates got back to their transit to find it burnt out and on its roof. While at the police station some random local charva slag pointed one of them out as having attacked her. The lad who was accused wasn't even that much of a football fan and had only gone for the day out. Went as far as crown court before he was exonerated. Coppers should have been shot for letting it get that far to be fair.

Major :)

I went in a car, had a quiet drink and easy walk to the match. We were the only four people from the NE who weren't full on attacked by marauding mobs :)

Another group of my mates got back to their transit to find it burnt out and on its roof. While at the police station some random local charva slag pointed one of them out as having attacked her. The lad who was accused wasn't even that much of a football fan and had only gone for the day out. Went as far as crown court before he was exonerated. Coppers should have been shot for letting it get that far to be fair.

I've hated Stoke ever since. Went down with my dad as a young lad, got chased around the town that night. Fucking scary night, especially as a young kid. Someone got stabbed that night IIRC. Their old ground was a right shit hole, remember singing Shaka is dancer that night aswell.

No way Lascelles will play ahead of Taylor. I think it's far more likely they'll play together though and we'll lose in another dreadful performance.

I'm expecting a better performance, but the same result.

Fed up of the 'take the game to the other team' shit

When will Steve realise we are shit

Stoke have a better team than us

There at home it's up to them to take the game to us, it's up to us to be defensive and play on the counter. It's our best chance of staying up imo

Stoke are a tad like us in the fact they will show up one week and turn to shite the next, but they show up far more than we do, hence the positions in the league table. We've lost 1-0 down there past few seasons haven't we? Even when Stoke have been shite on the day? Going for a 1-0 loss.

Also bearing the fact that in my lifetime we've only won once down there. I can't see that changing.

Stoke are a tad like us in the fact they will show up one week and turn to shite the next, but they show up far more than we do, hence the positions in the league table. We've lost 1-0 down there past few seasons haven't we? Even when Stoke have been shite on the day? Going for a 1-0 loss.

Also bearing the fact that in my lifetime we've only won once down there. I can't see that changing.

I wouldn't worry about the winning once in your lifetime stat, I've got hondacrackas older than you.