Stoke City V Newcastle United

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see our midfield struggling at all in this game. I see our forwards struggling to get the better of a shawcross marshalled defence and our defenders struggling to contain a much more expansive Stoke front three than in previous years.

Still think we could squeeze a win if everything goes well.

Stoke 2 Toon 0 post match McClaren will use his new watch word "focus" several times. Then say" he's hoping to see 60,000 fans pack SJP" for the Bournemouth game

Edited by trooper

In the PL? Only 4 times.

2008-09

2-2 (H)

1-1 (A)

2010-11

1-2 (H)

0-4 (A)

2011-12

3-1 (A)

3-0 (H)

2012-13

1-2 (A)

2-1 (H)

2013-14

5-1 (H)

0-1 (A)

2014-15

0-1 (A)

1-1 (H)

2015-16

0-0 (H)

? (A)

Fuck sake

Lascellas and Taylor as our centre backs, we are fucked

Most managers will try and be defensive because of how shit our centre backs are but McClaren will still try and set the team like we are Barcelona, the absolute moron

Remember when Bramble and Boumsong had a period where they looked like a very good partnership (when Boumsong first arrived)? I think most people thought that Boumsong was going to be a class act and he was a calming influence at the back. In retrospect, Bramble had one of those purple patches that occurred every now and again when he was full of confidence and everything was going right for him and Boumsong looked good because Bramble's form made it easy for him.

Remember when Bramble and Boumsong had a period where they looked like a very good partnership (when Boumsong first arrived)? I think most people thought that Boumsong was going to be a class act and he was a calming influence at the back. In retrospect, Bramble had one of those purple patches that occurred every now and again when he was full of confidence and everything was going right for him and Boumsong looked good because Bramble's form made it easy for him.

Do you see either of Taylor or Lascelles even managing a purple patch?

Actually I think people of being a bit unfair on Lascelles. He's being judged on very little actual game time. I'm not saying I expect anything from him in very testing circumstances tomorrow or that those two together isn't a massive concern, but I'm not going to write the kid off just yet.

Aye, it's too early to make a call on Lascelles I think. Although, given the club's track record on developing youngsters, perhaps we should write him off :lol:

The only thing I remember him doing of note so far is getting himself stupidly sent off. Not saying he won't ever go on to be a decent player but him and Steve "the pointer" Taylor doesn't exactly inspire confidence for the relegation run in.

I can't see any point in playing any more players out of position. We're best off playing those two in the centre and proper fullbacks in the fullback positions.

Fuck me did I just describe Dummett as a proper fullback!