Bournemouth 05/03/16

TheGingerQuiff

Meh. A rare turnout from me for this so thought I'd make my match thread debut.

Physioroom has some players returning not sure how accurate that is. Struggle to fancy us against anyone. Can see an atmosphere turn if we go behind. Think it'll be a draw with further evidence that we've turned a corner. I'm getting shitfaced either way

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Must win. Anything less than three points is unacceptable. We're getting fuck all away from home so we have to beat the likes of these at sjp to stop up

Edited by Dr Gloom

We'll probably win and it'll secure McClaren in place for another couple of defeats, as a result of which we'll eventually be relegated.

Fish will also shift his relegation odds percentage back up to 60%.

Can we get 11 points from now to after May 15? Possible, but not sure that will be enough.

I can see us (somehow) getting the wins in the home games vs Bournemouth, mackems, Swansea, Palace and although we're utterly atrocious away from home, we could get a win at Villa.

Maybe it's all just my young naive false hope though.

And for predictions for Saturday, heart says a 1-0 or 2-1 win but head says a shitty 1-1 draw.

Edited by Haydnator

Can we get 11 points from now to after May 15? Possible, but not sure that will be enough.

36 would have been enough last season on that basis we have 11 games to get 12 points but that may not be enough it's hard to say.

I can see us (somehow) getting the wins in the home games vs Bournemouth, mackems, Swansea, Palace and although we're utterly atrocious away from home, we could get a win at Villa.

Maybe it's all just my young naive false hope though.

And for predictions for Saturday, heart says a 1-0 or 2-1 win but head says a shitty 1-1 draw.

I admire your optimism Hayd but at the moment Bournemouth, Swansea & the Mackems have all got a bit of fight in them. Were as our lot seem to be waiting for the inevitable.

3-1 loss.

We take an early lead, in fact we're the better side for the first half. McClaren works his magic at half-time and Bournemouth come out and score around the 55th minute. We camp in our half playing for a draw. Eventually we crumble and they score a goal from a set piece. McClaren then decides it's time to bring on some fresh legs so brings on Riviere. In the 88th minute Taylor gets turned and scissor tackles one of their strikers in the box. They score from the resulting penalty. McClaren lavishes praise on the squad post-match, saying "if we continue to play like that, we'll be fine this season".

A Telegraph mathematical survey indicates we have an easier run-in than Norwich and Blunderland and should survive.......but that's a paper-poll.

To beat Bournemouth might put some credence on the survey, but that said, we have a history of losing must-win games and shooting ourselves in the foot.

Must win. Anything less than three points is unacceptable. We're getting fuck all away from home so we have to beat the likes of these at sjp to stop up

:aye:

Pretty confident we'll win, but we follow this "easier" home game with an away trip to the league leaders where we'll likely be on the receiving end of a demoralising humping. Maybe only 3 goal margin, but the gulf in quality and application will be vast and depressing.

I'm actually looking forward to tomorrow. Maybe it's just because we've had a couple of weekends off or, more likely, I'm just looking forward to getting up the town on the piss. I can't predict we'll win any game these days but I don't actually fancy us to lose for a change. If we don't get a pretty early goal the crowd will get restless and it will be a very unpleasant atmosphere. But with three bottles of Sol for a fiver in the five swans before, I should be able to get pissed enough not to care.

I'm actually looking forward to tomorrow. Maybe it's just because we've had a couple of weekends off or, more likely, I'm just looking forward to getting up the town on the piss. I can't predict we'll win any game these days but I don't actually fancy us to lose for a change. If we don't get a pretty early goal the crowd will get restless and it will be a very unpleasant atmosphere. But with three bottles of Sol for a fiver in the five swans before, I should be able to get pissed enough not to care.

Yeah let's hope those 25 people who actually sing at gallowgate East corner can create such a wonderful atmosphere :P

:lol:

I think thats it for most at the moment. Its a session on the dog and seeing their mates rather than watching the dross. I think we will get a point which is fucking useless to us.

"We are assessing Andros (Townsend) and don’t want to risk him.

We don’t want anything to destabilise what we are trying to achieve between now and the end of the season.

My concentration and focus is purely on Bournemouth and winning that game tomorrow"

"We’ve lost one in our last six at home, we’ve given the (SJP) crowd something to cheer about and we need to do that again"

"We're assessing the injury situation & we're trying to address it"

on negative Press and talk of future: "I don't read it. My only focus is Bournemouth".

This from today's Presser.