10 Games Left.

trooper

Last season 36 points would have meant Premiership safety if we use that as a rough guide for safety (obviously we don't know yet what's needed). We need 12 points from 10 games the games left are...

My Pts

Leicester (a) 0

Makems (h) 1

Norwich (a) 1

Southampton (a) 0

Swansea (h) 1

Liverpool (a) 1

Palace (h) 1

Villa (a) 1

Man City ? (h) 0

Spurs (h) 0

Before yesterday's prefomance I fancied us getting the 3 home wins against Makems, Swansea & Palace with the 3 away draws with Norwich, Liverpool & Villa making 12 points (just enough ?) But after yesterday's fiasco I don't think the majority of the players have the heart or passion to fight for the team & probably have one eye on the exit door. My points predictions sees us only picking up 6 points making a total of 30 points nowhere near enough & relegation will be certain. Does anyone else fancy putting up their predictions & seeing what they come up with?

Edited by trooper

We're gan down. Something has to change to make me change my thoughts, but I doubt it will, given how incompetent Charnley is.

As for predicting for next ten games, I thought the same trooper, I thought we could get wins in the home games against Bournemouth, the mackems, Swansea & Palace, and maybe get a point or three at Villa and Norwich. But after yesterday I feel just like I did after the Swansea game last season with Carver in charge; I can't see where our next point is going to come from.

I'm just praying we don't pull a Leeds or Sheffield Wednesday when we drop.

Edited by Haydnator

So what can be done to try to make this right? There's a group of very well organised people who have tried a couple of times trying to try to get games boycotted & lead protests (ashleyout.com ). For some reason the majority of fans seem reluctant to participate with them or give them support these are the guys on our side who want the club out of the hands of these lot & ran like a football club should be run again. Yet there's this reluctancey I don't understand it we the fans hold power as well as was proved by Liverpool fans a few weeks ago with the club's proposed ticket price increase. I think the time has come to give the AO guys your support, supporting the club as it stands is hopeless as it's broken & needs rebuilding. The only way this can happen is by boycotting games & showing your complete derision for Ashley the same way he shows it to you. Surely they've got to be worth a go it's time to take our club back things can't be allowed to continue under Ashley. More than ever the club needs our support in fact it needs rescuing the way to do it get on board with the ashleyout.com group.

We're fucked, and will remain fucked as long as we are the ownership of Dear Leader.

This. A million times this. There's no point in even debating 'possibilities' anymore - what has been revealed this season is actually worse than originally thought. We vaguely considered that Ashley being tight with money was the main issue we had, and that this manifested in things like squad depth and lack of quality in certain areas. However, he's gone and spent a huge sum this season, and we're worse than ever - which means there's a lot more wrong than just underinvestment - it looks structural, widespread throughout the club (as evidenced by the weekly howkings the under-18s are getting) and impossible to fix. We need a legacy builder of a manager to even get close to fixing it, and that's assuming Ashley very much takes a back seat. I would actually argue that we probably need a DoF/competent version of Charnley as well.

There's no fixing this with a better manager though, the whole club needs rebooting.

So what can be done to try to make this right? There's a group of very well organised people who have tried a couple of times trying to try to get games boycotted & lead protests (ashleyout.com ). For some reason the majority of fans seem reluctant to participate with them or give them support these are the guys on our side who want the club out of the hands of these lot & ran like a football club should be run again. Yet there's this reluctancey I don't understand it we the fans hold power as well as was proved by Liverpool fans a few weeks ago with the club's proposed ticket price increase. I think the time has come to give the AO guys your support, supporting the club as it stands is hopeless as it's broken & needs rebuilding. The only way this can happen is by boycotting games & showing your complete derision for Ashley the same way he shows it to you. Surely they've got to be worth a go it's time to take our club back things can't be allowed to continue under Ashley. More than ever the club needs our support in fact it needs rescuing the way to do it get on board with the ashleyout.com group.

I get what you're saying, but really, is a fan pressure group going to achieve anything? Liverpool fans proved that the Liverpool board were prepared to listen to them - Ashley has proved repeatedly that he doesn't give a shit what we think.

Two problems:

1) match day ticket income is somewhat an irrelevance nowadays.

2) people want to go to the match. Moreover, most have already paid in advance for the privilege.

We've lost 16 of 28 games so far this season and were needing to win at least 4 out of 10. We are truly tucked if MacLaren is our manager for this games.

The players showed they don't want to play for him on Saturday, as despite relseasing a statement at 2 o clock on paper, the biggest statement was made on the field.

We've lost 16 of 28 games so far this season and were needing to win at least 4 out of 10. We are truly tucked if MacLaren is our manager for this games.

The players showed they don't want to play for him on Saturday, as despite relseasing a statement at 2 o clock on paper, the biggest statement was made on the field.

Which they now deny releasing (according to Craig Hope)

With McClaren in charge we are definitely down. If we got a new manager bounce it's possible that we could get enough points to stay up given that there is clearly another three shit teams around us and we have to play all of them. Beat those three (particularly the mackems and Norwich) and we have a chance, lose to them and we'll be playing Preston and Brentford next season.

Protesting won't get rid off Ashley though

Am I the only on here who genuinely wants us to not replace him so that we can ensure relegation. Staying up for more of the same is utterly fucking pointless. Let's go down and starve that cunt of his free advertising.

It's not like it'll make any difference to the drones that attend every week. They'll still be there to lap up the shite whatever happens.

I does affect him. That TV interview at the end of last season was as a direct result of the pressure being put on him. Granted that making a public statement and selling up are two very different things.

I honestly don't think being in the championship will get us any closer to shifting Ashley. He'll stay as long as he wants and there's fuck all we can do about.

This club deserves relegation now but it will still hurt like hell so I definitely don't want it to happen.

He won't sell in the Championship as it's only in the PL that he has any chance of getting a decent price for the club.

Yup, and he won't sell in the Premier League* because it's the global platform from which he can promote the thing he actually gives a shit about.

*unless there's a "too good to be true" bid

With ten Premier League games to go, we find ourselves in what appears to be a ‘3 from 4’ relegation battle.

Fans of our club vented their strong views at St James Park during our defeat by Bournemouth. These fans have chosen to ‘stick by’ the club and religiously turn up week in, week out despite the horrendous season that we have encountered. These same fans are frequently tarnished with the view that we all expect to win the Champions League.
What NUFC fans want is a team of eleven players in black and white shirts that understand their role to perform to their maximum - week in, week out.
We have entrusted the board of NUFC to ensure that the right personnel are in place to carry out this basic expectation.
Our current Head Coach, Steve McClaren, has now been responsible for 28 games, during that period:
We have won 6 games - this is our joint worst ever number at this stage, only matched by our relegation season in 2008/09
We have the second worst goal difference in the PL (only better than Villa)
We have scored 28 goals, the worst ever figure in recent history for this stage of the season
We have kept 1 clean sheet since 6th December 2015
We have the 3rd worst disciplinary record in the PL
On the 19th September 2015, Steve McClaren said ”You are where you deserve to be. That’s where we are. I said judge us after ten games and I would still say the same now. The next two are tough but this is a tough job.”
On the 17th October 2015, Steve McClaren said “I’m not saying judging me after ten, 11, 12 games or whatever. I guess I would say ‘if you’re going to throw things at me, judge me at the end of the season’.”
Whilst we still have 10 games to go, NUFC Fans cannot accept the current work ethic of the players. Someone, somewhere has to be accountable and decisions must be made.
During the recent Fans Forum meeting (22nd February 2016), we asked the club this:
“Why is there seemingly no price for failure at NUFC? For a number of years now the club’s own targets have been failed to be met by those tasked with ensuring they do, both at a coaching and boardroom level. The only person to lose their job at NUFC in the last eight years at these levels was the one man who achieved his target and that was Chris Hughton. This worrying trend is mirrored in the playing staff, where poor performances by so called big name players are rewarded by another start for the first team due to a lack of options and depth in certain areas. How does the club expect to improve when there is seemingly no price or consequence for underachievement?”
Lee Charnley replied - “The club believes the squad now has strong options in most positions, enabling changes in team selection to be made where the head coach sees appropriate.”
LC was also confident of Premier League survival at that meeting. Since then, we have lost both of our PL games.
Last year, during our relegation battle, this Fans Forum talked about ‘Actions NOT Words’. That hasn’t changed. Lessons from that battle have quite clearly not been learned.
It is absolutely imperative that the club has its fans ‘on-side’ for the remainder of the season.
We must urge you to review our position and initiate any changes that you see fit to correct the current attitude of the playing staff. Our fans have every right to remind the club what was said last year -
‘We don’t demand a team that wins, we demand a club that tries!’
Our players frequently look jaded and our playing style often appears outdated. We lack organisation and the players continue to lack discipline.
During the Fans Forum meeting, Lee Charnley made it clear that we had a flexible approach to our usual transfer policy which allowed us to sign two key targets. Maybe its time to accept that the ‘Head Coach’ role simply doesn’t work at NUFC and accept that a Manager is required, a person who will not only coach but motivate and manage!
With substantial increases to TV revenues, players will only become increasingly difficult to manage not easier. Agents seeking lucrative pay-deals for their clients will attempt to dictate further. This will result in even less club loyalty unless we can grasp the uniqueness of Newcastle United Football Club and move forward together as one. We want fans that don’t even contemplate giving up on season tickets. We want players that are proud to wear the famous colours. We want a manager that truly wants the best for us.
Its time for action, its time for accountability.
Actions NOT Words
NUFC Fans Forum