International womens day

Kevin Carr's Gloves

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That bint who got her tits out in the blurred lines video is moaning today about how she gets objectified :lol:

Can we not just agree that men/women, blacks/whites, gays/straights should all be treated the same and put their special days in the fucking sea

That bint who got her tits out in the blurred lines video is moaning today about how she gets objectified :lol:

Can we not just agree that men/women, blacks/whites, gays/straights should all be treated the same and put their special days in the fucking sea

Going off social media, the papers, the boardrooms, the schools, the sports fields, it appears we can't. :dunno:

Don't worry though, it's straight white able-bodied christian man day for the next 364 days :good:

I dunno like, I think this gets a lot more attention then it deserves in the west. There's absolutely a lot of work to be done elsewhere in the world but some use this as a vehicle to progress their careers (see all guardian opinion writers) and seem only concerned with the already successful lives of many n middle class women.

How many working class people are on boards through the country? Why is this not made more of?

There's a case for improving equal access for opportunity throughout the country but it doesn't need to be specifically driven at women.

Not from what I've seen of board rooms anyway.

That said, this is an international day so it's one of th few opportunities we get to focus on the plight of none middle class white women. And that should be encouraged.

I dunno like, I think this gets a lot more attention then it deserves in the west. There's absolutely a lot of work to be done elsewhere in the world but some use this as a vehicle to progress their careers (see all guardian opinion writers) and seem only concerned with the already successful lives of many n middle class women.

How many working class people are on boards through the country? Why is this not made more of?

There's a case for improving equal access for opportunity throughout the country but it doesn't need to be specifically driven at women.

Not from what I've seen of board rooms anyway.

It's 1 day out of 365 when some people choose to recognise women. There should be equality regardless of background, race, gender, etc. Having an International Women's Day doesn't stop the push for equality in any other sphere.

Also, the difference between a woman and a man is demonstrated in pay parity. My mate is working class and earns as much as people who went to public school, if he was a woman it's likely that he wouldn't.

Sure there's less opportunity for working class men than middle or upper, but they're still men and have won the gender lottery. And if they're in the boardroom, they're likely to be white, straight and able bodied too. There's loads of work to be done, but having a day where you recognise women doesn't stop that work, nor does it detract from anyone else.

Some journalist may well use it as a way to self-promote, but their behaviour isn't representative of the majority, nor the core ideals behind it. They're just journalists, not spokespeople :dunno:

I'm in favour of equality. I'm not entirely sure that women's day does much to advance the cause.

It certainly doesn't harm the cause, and at the very least there's debate about gender equality. Which is no bad thing.

I find this similar to people who, when a musician dies, loudly proclaim that we should be sad about the dying children in africa instead.

They're not mutually exclusive :dunno:

I have no problem with it. I just couldn't give a shit about it. I don't think it has got the world talking about gender inequality in any meaningful way that wasn't already on most people's radar.

I have no problem with it. I just couldn't give a shit about it. I don't think it has got the world talking about gender inequality in any meaningful way that wasn't already on most people's radar.

Fine, but when there's an International Louie Louie day that passes without comment, I can't understand why people would be bemoan an International Women's day :dunno:

As I've said, some choose to recognise it, most people don't. You get people on twitter angrily demanding why there isn't an International Men's day (there is, it's November 19th), people asking what the point is when they believe in equality. Well, until there is equality we need to have days, events, discussions about why there isn't equality yet.

Also the meaningful conversations are unlikely to be held in a public forum, but within the corridors of power, when focus groups and lobbyists try to further their cause, and that they're more likely to get the ear of the right person is down to a UN sanctioned "day", then so be it.

Edited by The Fish

That said, this is an international day so it's one of th few opportunities we get to focus on the plight of none middle class white women. And that should be encouraged.

I agree.

Look at the plight of this.

RuLpZSs.jpg

You on the rag, pet?

:lol:

Just give me chocolate, rub my back and let me watch First Wives Club in peace, you beastly man.

That thread we had on the New Monkey years ago was class. :D

Jesus I'd forgotten about that place.

Anyone know if it's open?

Do we know anyone that spends a good amount of time around wearside?