Next manager

Kid Dynamite

Who do you want as manager  

53 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There's no way it's Rafa. We've never appointed anyone of his pedigree while Ashley's been here and are probably in our worst ever in which to try to do so now. Not exactly an attractive proposition right now is it?

I don't know. He's under his wife's feet at the moment. Not nice.

Massive wages and bonus for a 10 game run. No blame if it doesn't work, strong bargaining position and improved status if it does.

Just regarding this head coach/manager thing - wouldn't he have been a "head coach" at Madrid and Inter?

Probably. But he can make more demands here than he could at either of those clubs.

Aye, I expect this to stumble at the last and we'll end up with some cheap/shit alternative.

Fucking deluded Geordies.

Don't forget mate all Sunderland fans are geordies, RTG will not be happy if you state otherwise

If the likes of Moyes and Benitez are genuinely interested now, given our current predicament, it only reinforces how incompetent the club's hierarchy were in appointing McClaren in the first place.

To be honest I have never like Rafa, I think he is over rated at the top level in football. That said I hope I am wrong and he has us avoiding relegation then knocking on the door of the top half of the table next year.

Pretty much my feelings on it.

Tbh even if we got Benitez - which seems highly unlikely to me - or Moyes, I cant see 10 games being enough for them to save us from relegation. The team is so fucked up, we cant score or defend or even pass the ball and have zero backbone.

Tbh even if we got Benitez - which seems highly unlikely to me - or Moyes, I cant see 10 games being enough for them to save us from relegation. The team is so fucked up, we cant score or defend or even pass the ball and have zero backbone.

We're one point off 17th with a team greatly underperforming. Hopefully we'll get the new manager bounce that pushes us through to the end of the season. None of the relegation threatened teams have looked like putting two wins together on the bounce. If we can do that then it should see us safe.

The 9 point gap above us is the worry. 3 weeks ago safety was in our own hands. Now we have to better Sunderland/Norwich game for game. I'd feel much more confident if Rafa had taken the team to Spain for a training camp