Next manager

Kid Dynamite

Who do you want as manager  

53 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I wonder where this ranks as good manager signings. Sir Bob? Although we got him at the end of his stint.

Sir Alan Pardew obviously, the media sweetheart. Real Madrid are waiting for him iirc

I have a crap memory but I'm struggling to think last time we got a manager of this proven calibre.

I wonder where this ranks as good manager signings. Sir Bob? Although we got him at the end of his stint.

I have a crap memory but I'm struggling to think last time we got a manager of this proven calibre.

Gullit had had success (not as much as Rafa or Sir Bob but he had been doing well up to coming here) and Dagleish had won the league with his previous two clubs. Both of those appointments seemed great at the time but soon turned to shite. So whilst I will be very happy if we get Benitez, I'm not going to make any predictions of success.

The excitement was far greater, perhaps naively, for the return of Keegan, but Ashley has so crushed our love of this club, that I'm not sure anyone would bring about that much emotion again in the foreseeable future.

It must be clear to everyone that we need to spend in the summer so I don't think that would be a major stumbling block to any appointment. Who has the say on who we buy will be the issue.

Aye surely this season has made it crystal clear to Ashley that we need to invest consistently, we can't just buy a load of players in a panic and put a shit cheap manager in place to tell them what to do. Think this is the first time in a while I've been somewhat arsed about us staying up as I'd like to see what Benitez would do (If he comes at all and if he stays anyway).

Aye surely this season has made it crystal clear to Ashley that we need to invest consistently, we can't just buy a load of players in a panic and put a shit cheap manager in place to tell them what to do. Think this is the first time in a while I've been somewhat arsed about us staying up as I'd like to see what Benitez would do (If he comes at all and if he stays anyway).

Yeah, on the flip side of my last comment, I do agree with this.

Gullit had had success (not as much as Rafa or Sir Bob but he had been doing well up to coming here) and Dagleish had won the league with his previous two clubs. Both of those appointments seemed great at the time but soon turned to shite. So whilst I will be very happy if we get Benitez, I'm not going to make any predictions of success.

So, are we saying he is probably the best?

Obviously success is some distance off but a good manager, a loosening of the purse strings and more importantly the manager having more control over club affairs does bode well.

So, are we saying he is probably the best?

Obviously success is some distance off but a good manager, a loosening of the purse strings and more importantly the manager having more control over club affairs does bode well.

Well he's the only champions league winning manager we've had. But Dagleish had won the league on a number of occasions and with two teams.

You would have to think that they have had at least a partial rethink on the manger role if they have even bothered contacting Benitez.

If he signs, he's got a serious job on his hands to keep this shower up. And if he doesn't, he'll be away in the summer. Which would be pretty devastating, to have almost but not quite had a good manager. :lol:

Yeah but you have assumed that two of those things have happened

Well they are spending and with regard to Benitez, he left the Wirral at 5 so it was probably all done and dusted before the McLaren confirmation.

A few hours grace and then unveiled for the scheduled pressed.

If he signs, he's got a serious job on his hands to keep this shower up. And if he doesn't, he'll be away in the summer. Which would be pretty devastating, to have almost but not quite had a good manager. :lol:

:lol: Then some old English cock like Warnock strides in, I think that would guarantee the last ounce of giving a flying fuck would be crushed out of most people.

Shame they never pulled the trigger 2 weeks ago as we'd be at least 3 points better off with less pressure on him.

Aye this is massive tbh, if he could have gotten the break after the Chelsea game with the squad he'd have them playing in a style more like what he wants by now. Instead he has basically 1 training session before we play the best side in the league, it would have been a far more manageable task if they had thought this whole thing through a bit more.

It boils down to them being inept and not having the guts or nouse to be proactive. It was obvious we were in the shit irrespective of the result against Bournemouth but they were simply hoping we'd win so they didn't have to make a decision. The loss made the manager's position untenable and they still seemed utterly clueless. I get the distinct impression we're just happen to be lucky in that Benitez fancied the job because I have zero faith in Charnley and co to go out and get the right man.