Next manager

Kid Dynamite

Who do you want as manager  

53 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

He wrote: 'Of course he can say he won the Champions League with Liverpool, which is something I never did. But it has nowt to do with him.

'Steven Gerrard took that final by the scruff of the neck and dragged Liverpool back from 3-0 down against AC Milan to eventually win on penalties.

'I don't blame Benitez for claiming credit but as managers we know the truth. It's like when you make a substitution in desperation and it comes off. You get all the credit for your tactical brilliance when it's often just luck.'

Benitez, by now the Real Madrid manager, had little choice but to respond to such incendiary claims.

He fired back: 'Do you know who Sam Allardyce is? Do you know how many trophies he has won? Well that's my answer. It is what happens when someone has a book to sell. His opinion does not have a lot of value.'

:D

:lol: Bitter arsehole. Remind me, who did Liverpool have to beat to even reach the final?

CT's old "look after the attack and the clean sheets will look after themselves" approach. Our sheets look like Stevie's been sleeping in them.

Thinking you're less of a scruff than me is like David Bellamy accusing the Queen of having a speech impedement.

This is going to be one of the most intense Derbys for years. I've already had my first stomach churn this morning just thinking about.

We are all going to be nervous as fuck.

Your second, third and fourth stomachs are sure to follow suite :whistle:

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, Tooj said:

Hope it works out for him, but on reading that it does sound like he'd be better suited nailing his colours to a good manager and the two of them carving very good careers together.

On 08/03/2016 at 5:54 PM, Rayvin said:

Moyes for me although Benitez is a close second. I'd be happy with either but I think Moyes has more experience with clubs in our position whereas Benitez has tended to work with clubs based on where we used to be, status wise. I reckon he's unproven in a relegation fight.

On 08/03/2016 at 5:56 PM, adios said:

I feel like Moyes is the most likely out of that lot to keep the team up?

Ideally just for the 10 games, and someone young with fresh ideas (like Ranieri) next season.

On 09/03/2016 at 10:33 AM, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

I don't understand the desire for Benitez to be honest, he has never battled relegation successfully and had very little success in the second tier of any league.

He has done well with teams expected to do well (comparatively) but has also been sacked for under performing at those clubs as well.

I don't see what he will do for us.

I actually still think Moyes would have been fine for us, and i would now go so far as to say that even Benitez wouldn't have saved Sunderland last season.

9 hours ago, Rayvin said:

I actually still think Moyes would have been fine for us, and i would now go so far as to say that even Benitez wouldn't have saved Sunderland last season.

Absolutely. It's not like we were completely wrong or anything :lol: