Rafa Benitez

Anorthernsoul

I'd hope he's told them that he's not having any of their shit and that he's the bloke that knows how to run a football club. If he's come in to work under the previous system, then start the clock now on him leaving.

I'd hope he's told them that he's not having any of their shit and that he's the bloke that knows how to run a football club. If he's come in to work under the previous system, then start the clock now on him leaving.

Yup. If Ashley's approach doesnt change then it wont matter what manager or players he brings here.

RAFA BENITEZ CONFIRMED AS NEWCASTLE UNITED MANAGER

Newcastle United is delighted to announce the appointment of Rafa Benitez as the club’s new manager.

Benitez joins United on an initial three-year deal.

The club can also confirm the appointment of Fabio Pecchia, Francisco de Míguel Moreno, Antonio Gómez Pérez, who will join Ian Cathro and Simon Smith to form Benitez’s coaching team.

Paul Simpson, Alessandro Schoenmaker and Steve Black will part company with the club with immediate effect.

Speaking of his appointment, Rafa Benitez said:

“I have the pleasure to confirm I have committed to a legendary English club, with the massive challenge of remaining part of the Premier League.

“It will be a challenge not just for me and my staff but for the players, the club and the fans.

“All of us must push together in the same direction and with the same target in mind. This is the reason why I’m going to ask for your total support to successfully complete this task.

“Personally, it means my return to the Premier League, closer to my home and my family. I can’t be happier.

“C’mon Toon Army! The club and I need your total involvement!”

Managing Director Lee Charnley said:

“I am very pleased to welcome Rafa Benitez to the club. In Rafa we have, without doubt, secured the services of one of Europe’s top managers.

“He has managed some of the most successful teams at the very highest level of the game and we are proud to now have him as our manager.

“Our sole focus now is to give our full support to Rafa, his coaching team and the players in order to secure our status in the Premier League.

I would like to place on record my sincere thanks to Paul Simpson, Alessandro Schoenmaker and Steve Black for their service to the club.”

He will have, which means that it's taken 8 years for them to come around to the idea of what Keegan wanted 8 years ago.

His own coaching staff as well without dicking around with it, I'm almost impressed.

First appointment we've made in a long time where I won't be thinking its the managers fault if stuff doesn't work out, the players have to prove themselves now, his pedigree far outreaches any of theirs.

His own coaching staff as well without dicking around with it, I'm almost impressed.

First appointment we've made in a long time where I won't be thinking its the managers fault if stuff doesn't work out, the players have to prove themselves now, his pedigree far outreaches any of theirs.

Quoted for truth, you would hope that he has the stature that makes players what to play for him and come to play for him, optimism at last?

Childhood dreams that have been firmly tucked away, big shot manager coming here to awaken a sleeping giant and write his name into folklore, are fast resurfacing.

Dont need it when we're still odds on to go down :lol:

Shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up

Very good appointment. Although he's not my favourite kind of enthusiastic manager, he's certainly someone with an impressive CV and therefore a sensible appointment at last (hopefully not too late though).